Wakefield High School Visual and Performing Arts Department offers a vibrant and diverse selection of elective core courses in the arts. We believe that participation in Arts Education is fundamental to a student receiving well balanced education and many benefits to the development of the whole person. Whether a student chooses to pursue painting, sculpting or sketching in visual arts study or decides to study a performing art form such as dance, theatre, vocal or instrumental music, we have a variety of courses that is appealing and fulfilling regardless of ability or experience.
“Arts education benefits both student and society, because students of the arts disciplines gain powerful tools for:
- understanding human experiences, both past and present;
- teamwork and collaboration;
- making decisions creatively and solving problems, when no prescribed answers exist;
- adapting to and respecting others' diverse ways of thinking, working, and expressing themselves;
- understanding the influence of the arts and their power to create and reflect cultures;
- analyzing nonverbal communication, and making informed judgments about products and issues; and,
- communicating effectively.
Fine Arts Class Options
Fine Arts Department Directory
|Last Name||First Name||Position||Teacher Website|
|Beeman||Ericemail@example.com||Theatre and Video production|