Summer and Other Enrichment Opportunities for Students
The Triangle Nonprofit and Volunteer Leadership Center is a great place to start looking for opportunities. They list summer and year-round opportnities for students. Find info here: http://thevolunteercenter.org/tp42/page.asp?ID=317636
Several opportunities and/or flyers are posted in our share google drive for students and parents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dsoiGbDN_aaVbQ6knrY9Ll_BcHYhU8iK?usp=sharing
Summer Textile Exploration Program @ NC State's Wilson College of Textiles
The Wilson College of Textiles at NC State University is hosting our 2021 Summer Textile Exploration Program virtually. We are elated at the ability to reach more students through this virtual platform. Check out this document to learn a bit more about STEP and which of your students may be a good fit to attend. You can apply here here.
Gettysburg College Summer Programs
Gettysburg College is excited to offer several opportunities for high school juniors and sophomores to attend virtual academic camps over the summer months. Subjects include psychology, history, and creative writing. Please find information to share with your students about our academic camps below:
- Virtual Camp Psych: Campers will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.
- Civil War Era Studies Virtual Camp: Campers will get to enjoy historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania while studying American Civil War History through unique learning experiences. Students will explore the circumstances leading to the war, investigate significant battles during the war, and explore the condition of the United States after the war.
- Young Writers Virtual Workshop: Students gain an in-depth introduction to all four genres of creative writing: fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and writing for stage and screen.
Students can learn more and register on our summer camp website.
ACAP- Accounting Career Awareness Program
· Trademark program held every year by the National Association of Black Accountants
· Students will learn from business professionals about professional development, accounting, finance and financial literacy
· Students will have the opportunity to talk to admission counselors from Charlotte about college and what to look for when applying for school
· Student will participate in a case competition
· This year the program will be virtual (usually a residency program on a college campus)
· Dates- June 14-16
· For rising sophomore, junior and senior students
· Scholarships will be given out to select students
o Deadline is April 10th at 8pm.