Spartan Summer Update July 28, 2021
A few updates and reminders. We hope you are enjoying your summer!
Click here to view current and previous principal’s updates on our website.
FOR THE CLASS of 2022:
Senior T-Shirt & Senior Booster
Read the Senior Parent Letter to learn about Class of 2022 Senior activities such as Senior Breakfast and Caravan, Senior class donation, and more. Click here to order and pay for Class of 2022 T-Shirt (Hurry: deadline is July 30th!)
August 10th at 9am. Optional event for the Class of 2022 Sign up here if interested.
College Essay Resources
Professional Writer has put together this website JUST FOR YOU, Sanderson c/o 2022, with tips and suggestions. As soon as school starts in August, the PTO will be offering individual tutoring sessions with our Professional Writer to help you fine tune and perfect those essays.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Rising 9th-11th Student Orientations
We are looking forward to hosting several optional orientations on campus!
Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are invited to attend one of the following orientations:
- August 4, 2021 - 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- August 5, 2021 - 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- August 11, 2021 - 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- August 12, 2021 - 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
These are for students only and you may use this link to sign up for one of these sessions.
Students may park in the student parking lot. Students being dropped off may be dropped off in the carpool loop at the front of the building.
Open House/Walk Your Schedule
We are excited to offer an in-person Open House and Walk Your Schedule event on Thursday, August 19, 2021 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Schedule of Events:
Open House 3:00 - 4:00
- 3:00 - 3:45 Parent & Student Information Session in the Auditorium
- 3:40 - 4:00: Visit Booster Tables in the Gym Lobby
Walk Your Schedule 4:00 - 5:00
- 4:00 - 4:10 Period 1
- 4:15 - 4:25 Period 2
- 4:30 - 4:40 Period 3
- 4:45 - 4:55 Period 4
WCPSS Child Nutrition Services is Hiring
Child Nutrition Services is hiring for a variety of positions that are perfectly suited for adults that will enjoy a school-based work schedule and parents who want to work while their children are in school. Contact CNS Administrator Holli Blackwell at 919-616-9117 firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Read more about student devices for the 21-22 school year here.
Parking Passes for Eligible 10th-12th Grade Students
No more standing in line - PAY ONLINE!
Students can view class schedule on PowerSchool beginning 08/14 (subject to change).
Schedule adjustment requests begin 08/14 and must be submitted online.
- The PSAT/NMSQT (Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) will be administered at Sanderson High School on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
- Registration is open to any Sanderson students who want to take the PSAT/NMSQT and will be open from August 23, 2021, through September 13, 2021.
- There is a fee of $18 for all students except 11th graders in the top 10% of students in Wake County. WCPSS will pay the fee for 11th graders in the top 10% (GPA cutoff has not been determined; last year's GPA cutoff was 4.3438 or higher).
- Contact Greta Lumsden at email@example.com if you have any questions.
ATHLETICS - SHS Athletics Site: https://www.wakecountyathletics.com/sandersonhs