Spartan Update: March 26, 2023
Twitter: @SpartanTweets Facebook: @SandersonHS Instagram: @shsspartans
Sanderson PTO Sanderson Foundation SHS Alumni
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
Click here to view previous Spartan updates
SAVE THE DATE
- March 28: Senior Talk/Speech 6:30 Auditorium
- March 30: End of Quarter 3
- March 31: Teacher Workday, no school
- April 2 - Spring Break begins!
REMINDERS & UPDATES
Come out on Tuesday, March 28, and support fourteen of our awesome seniors who have prepared personal speeches to compete for $1000.00 in prize money! Speeches begin at 6:30 PM in the auditorium, and an awards ceremony will cap off the event. See you there!
COLLEGE PLANNING SESSION presented by the PTO
May 11 6pm in Media Center – all families welcome
This one-hour session will cover:
- Ways to recognize a good fit college for your student (academically, socially, and financially)
- What matters most on a campus visit: what to look for and what questions to ask
- The college application timeline
- The most important factors in the college admission
- process and how to make your student stand out
- College affordability
SPARTAN FOOD PANTRY
The Food Ark Club is excited to announce that they have opened the Spartan Food Pantry for Sanderson students. Donations of non-perishable, shelf stable, food items would be greatly appreciated.
For easy donations, the PTO has set up an Amazon Wish List. Contact Ms. Melvin with any questions: email@example.com
2023 Sanderson PTO Scholarship Information- deadline march 28
Each year, the Sanderson PTO sponsors a scholarship competition to award $1,000 scholarships to senior applicants.
- Excellence Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 4.2 & greater
- Achievement Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 3.4 to 4.1999
- Success Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 2.5 to 3.399
- Perseverance Scholarship - for seniors who have overcome personal adversity and wish to continue their education. GPA is NOT a factor in this scholarship.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
March 28 - Last day to submit scholarship applications (midnight)
May 3 - Scholarship interviews from 2:30-5:30 on Sanderson campus
May 12 - Scholarship winners announced
SENIOR EVENTS TIMELINE
All the events for our 2023 seniors are listed on the timeline. Parents, mark your calendar for the senior assembly.
GRADUATION TICKET EXCHANGE
Please participate in the June 2023 Graduation Ticket Exchange by carefully editing this Google Sheet (https://tinyurl.com/shs2023graduation)
Please only edit the row that applies to YOUR transaction.
You may be seeking tickets, claiming tickets, or giving tickets.
It's vitally important that everyone respect that this is a live document and changes may not be reversible. Thank you! Questions - Melissa St. John firstname.lastname@example.org
ATHLETIC UPDATES FROM A.D. NEAL
Spring Sports schedule
- Baseball: Coach Laughlin; email@example.com
- Women’s Soccer: Coach Worley; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track: Coach Hammond; email@example.com
- Softball: Coach Schramm; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Lacrosse: Coach Farrow; email@example.com
- Women’s Lacrosse: Coach Farrow; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Tennis: Coach Disbrow; email@example.com
- Men’s Golf: Coach Shaw; firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the Sanderson Athletic Club (SAC)
The Annual Sports Pass permits entry into all regular season home athletic events for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports Seasons. Order your Annual Sports Passes Here