Senior Cap & Gown Pick-UpPosted by Dr. Greg Decker at 3/2/2017
Your caps and gowns will be ready for pick-up on Monday, 3/6/17 during lunch in the auditorium lobby. If you need to order yours, contact Josten's at (919) 789-8900.
Communcation UpdatePosted by Dr. Greg Decker at 3/2/2017
A few weeks ago I sent you information that WCPSS is changing and customizing the way schools communicate with parents. When we need to get a message to you, you can choose the modality of communication via a text to your cell phone and/or your e-mail. Please spend a minute and go to http://www.wcpss.net/schoolmessenger to provide your settings and preferences. As cell numbers and e-mail change you can update them at this location but we also want you to contact the school since specific website only addresses the SchoolMesssenger communication system. We will only use the phone recording portion of this system for more serious and important issues. We will begin this new process now so let's get connected. We will continue to use Yahoo as well.
Important Communication Update!Posted by Dr. Greg Decker at 2/24/2017
I want to let you know that we are creating a new process to improve communication between the school and parents. In the past, I have provided you communication with a recorded voice message. However, with the rise of new communication technologies, people are communicating in a variety of different ways; therefore, I want you to determine the best way for you to recieve commincation from me - either e-mail or cell text message. I will reserve the voice message only for emergency situations.
Beginning this coming Monday, February 27, 2017, Sanderson will be sending a message to you either via text and/or e-mail using the current information we have on file. Monday’s message looks like Spam, so please refrain from placing it into the trash can. When the message comes, I hope you will take a few moments to follow the steps to "Opt-In" to text messages. Or, you can simply opt-in to receive text messages by texting YES to the number 67587 when you receive it.
If you do not receive any communication from me by Wednesday, March 1, 2017, we do not have a current cell number and/or e-mail information on file. In this case, you can e-mail email@example.com and provide updated cell numbers and e-mail addresses, or you can call student services at 919-881-4800 and press #1 when the school recording begins. You can speak with Ms. Evans or leave her a message.
You can also visit www.wcpss.net/schoolmessenger.
Senior Exam InfoPosted by Dr. Gregory Decker at 1/11/2017 4:00:00 PM
Seniors Only – Exam Schedule & Exemptions 1st semester 2016-17
Sanderson’s exam schedule will NOT be changed as a result of the school cancelations; therefore, Thursday, January 12, 2017, will be an exam review day for all students. Friday, we will begin our previously-shared exam schedule.
Attention seniors who qualify for exam exemptions: You MUST read and follow the directions below, no exceptions:
Thursday, January 12, 2017, is the exam review day. Seniors who are exempt from one or more TEACHER MADE EXAMS ONLY do not have to attend the exam review period on Thursday, January 12, 2017. There are NO EXAM EXEMPTIONS for CTE, NCFE and EOC exams!
If you qualify for any exam exemptions for one or more TEACHER MADE EXAMS, you must do the following:
- Exam Exemption forms can be down loaded form the Sanderson Website.
- You must understand the attendance requirements for any exemptions. If you were not in school or ANY reason (excused or not) on any day, that absence counts against you. The ONLY exception is one day a semester for a college visit. That paperwork must have been on file in the attendance office prior to your college visit.
- Three tardies in the same class is equal to one absence, and this must be factored with other absences.
- Any unexcused absence and any out of school suspensions will not allow you to be exempt for all classes.
- You must print a copy of your first semester attendance from PowerSchool and turn it into the attendance office along with your Exam Exemption Form by Thursday morning January 12, 2017.
- You must complete all the information on the Exam Exception Form correctly. DO NOT ASK YOUR TEACHERS TO DO THIS FOR YOU.
- Because of the snow days and the timing or our currently exam schedule, you DO NOT NEED TO GET YOUR TEACHER’S SIGNATURE ON THE EXEMPTION FORM. Just turn it into the attendance office unsigned. Teachers will be teaching on Thursday morning, it is NOT acceptable for you to interrupt anyone’s classes for a signature. Teachers will sign them at a later time for verification.
- Seniors must complete and turn in the follow forms 1) exam exemption form 2) a copy of your first semester attendance information From PowerSchool and 3) Senior Exception Appeal Form (if needed) forms are to be turned into the ATTENDANCE OFFICE BETWEEN 6:50 AM – 8:30 AM ON Thursday, January 12, 2017.
- Administration will review the paperwork on Friday morning to verify accuracy.
- Seniors who are NOT exempt from teacher-made exams will be notified by administration via e-mail.
Fall Semester Final Exams
January 13-24. Sanderson Final Exam Schedule
The Following Message was sent home by phone message from Dr. Decker
Thursday, January 12, we all will return back to school at regular time! It will be an exam review day for all our students. This Friday we will start our exam schedule for the next several days in a row. Parents please access the exam schedule that is on our website. The testing window is from 1/18/17 – 1/24/17. If students do not have an exam in the AM or PM for the dates of 1/18-1/24 they should not attend school. Buses will run at normal times each day. Students are able to be dismissed at the end of the exam period. Supervision will be available in the auditorium for students waiting for their exams. Bag lunches will be offered each day at lunch time.
Seniors who are seeking exemptions for Teacher Made Exams must go immediately to the school home page of the school website for all the information needed.
The paperwork for qualifying for Teacher Made Exam Exemptions are all due tomorrow morning from 6:50 AM – 8:30 AM in the attendance office. Given the short turn around time we have due to weather, students do not need teachers to fill out the form, however each student must completely fill out the forms on their own at home with all pertinent information from PowerSchool.
Gregory S. Decker Ed.D.
Yesterday I made an announcement stating that students do not have to come to school on Friday, January 13 and Tuesday, January 17th unless they were taking a Teacher Made Exam. I need to make an important correction! The correction is that ALL students need to attend school on Friday and Tuesday all day (with the only few exceptions of some seniors who have a special exam exemption). The Teachers needs this time with your child to either take an exam or conduct an extensive review of materials prior to their exam. Please go to the homepage on our website for the entire exam schedule. Please help me make sure that your child attends school on January 13th and 17th and the following exam dates as needed. I apologize for the miscommunication.