New Student Registration
Summer 2020 New Student Enrollment Procedure: Online Only
- Please create an online account and fill out the paperwork electronically at this link: https://www.wcpss.net/student-assignment
- Once you complete the online paperwork, our registrar will send you additional supplemental paperwork that will need to be filled out and sent back to our registrar. Once we have all paperwork, you will be contacted by one of our counselors to choose courses for next school year.
- Gather these materials. Once schools re-open, you will be asked to submit hard copies of all required documents at your child’s school. Prior to schools re-opening, some parents may be required to bring documents in person, using safe distancing guidelines. Families will be contacted to schedule an appointment should this be necessary.
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
- Proof of your Wake County address (current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old, newly signed lease, or offer to purchase agreement)
- A photo ID of the parent or guardian
- Your child's immunization record
- Any custody documents
- Report cards or transcripts from your child’s previous school
- Any Special Education Documentation (IEP,LEP, 504)
- State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. The medical provider, parent or guardian must provide a completed health assessment form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. Health assessment forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department. Parents whose children do not have a regular physician can get health assessments and immunizations through the Wake County Health Department. First-time appointments should call (919) 250-3947.
- New requirement: State law now requires all rising 12th graders to get a meningococcal vaccine booster before starting 12th grade. Parents will need to provide a copy of their child’s immunization record showing proof of the meningococcal vaccine before the first day of school in August 2020.
Greetings Parents, Guardians, Incoming 9th Graders!
We have not yet scheduled freshmen orientation for 2020-21. Please stay tuned as we develop more details.
Rising 9th grade information including course selection sheet, WCPSS Program planning guide, who to contact list, information about Academy of Finance, JROTC, Career and Technical education, and driver's education can be found here: Rising 9th Grade Information for 2020-21
Information for grades 10-12, including course selection sheets and the WCPSS Program planning guide, can be found here: Rising 10th-12th Grade Info for 2020-21