Principal's Message, 8-12-22
Greetings Stough Families,
This is Weekly Message #2. If you missed our 2022-23 introductory message from last week, I have linked it here. Here are a few quick updates and answers to FAQ's:
1. The first time we'll see all of you with students in grades 1-5 should be Meet-the-Teacher hours on Friday, August 26. You may stop by the school either 10-11am or 2-3pm. All class lists will be posted in our main hallways, and students are welcome to go to their new classrooms and meet their teachers for a brief visit. The first day of school is August 29.
2. You heard correctly. You do not need to go on a shopping spree for supplies to start the year! We are only recommending that students bring a bookbag, water bottle and a lunch bag. The majority (if not all) basic school supplies will be provided. Students who already have devices/Chromebooks should plan to begin bringing them on the first day. Those that need Chromebooks will begin receiving those once we have the supply from Wake County.
3. The District plans to post bus routes next week. Here's the WCPSS site for transportation. All routes should be posted there by next Friday's message.
4. Kindergarten families received their assigned staggered entry dates in the mailer from last week. Remember, a staggered entry day is a full day of school. Kindergarten families can "Meet-the-Teacher" Friday, September 2 from 10-11am. If you have questions, please call our office.
5. For those who are interested, we are welcoming three new Participate Teachers (visiting international faculty) from China this month. These teachers generally arrive with very little to furnish their apartments. Our PTA has traditionally helped our new teachers get settled. This year, a sign-up has been established for donations of household items for these teachers. You can support them in many ways this year, but this is a great way to start. Thanks in advance.
That's all for now. We look forward to welcoming all of you in-person in a few weeks!
Have a great weekend,
Chris Cox, Principal