Principal's Message, 4-16-21
I hope you're enjoying the spring weather this week. Here's a little charge from me to our Stallions to get outside and enjoy themselves this weekend!
Here are your weekly updates:
1. Next week is a five-day week of school!
2. Thanks to all of you for your support and honest feedback regarding the pending decisions about offering Virtual Academy at Stough for 2021-22. For now, we will hold off on any parent meetings until after the conclusion of the VA survey window. You should receive notice from WCPSS with the survey link by the end of next week. Though I am hopeful that all our students can return to campus, I understand that all circumstances differ. Please feel free to make the best decision for your student(s) and family.
3. Wake County Schools sent you a notice earlier this week about its new interactive school menus for meals. You can find those here.
4. This week in P2, we talked about the important trait fairness. Next week, we'll begin learning about appreciation of beauty & excellence. For a 1-page character card overview, click here. And, for P2 for Families (password: P2), click here.
Appreciation of beauty and excellence means you value the world's beauty and people's skills. You don't take things for granted. This is the ability to identify and enjoy that which is admirable in the world. There are three types of goodness in which positive psychology focuses: physical beauty (e.g. a sunset, song, or building); an exceptional skill or talent; and moral goodness (e.g. a character strength). Appreciation of beauty can generate awe; appreciation of a skill can generate admiration; and appreciation of moral goodness can generate moral elevation. All of these feelings (awe, admiration, and moral elevation) help us forget ourselves and find increased joy and meaning in the world.
5. Here are your PTA Updates:
Spring Book Fair- online!
Check out Scholastic's new virtual book fair feature. Shop online NOW until April 22nd. Take advantage of free standard shipping on book-only orders over $25. All orders ship wherever you choose, which is great for gifting! Stough will receive 25% back in Scholastic Dollars, which helps fill the shelves of our new library! Be sure to initially access the Scholastic Store through our school's Book Fair Homepage to ensure Stough gets credit for your purchases.
The Spring Auction will take place online from May 14- 21. If you own or work for a business that might be interested in donating, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for participating in our Spirit Night fundraisers! We have a few more coming up as we wrap up the school year:
Spring Rolls- April 29
Rudino’s- May 11
Papa Murphy’s- May 26
Have a great weekend,
Chris Cox, Principal