Principal's Message, 5-20-22
Greetings Stough Families,
Three weeks remain in the 2021-22 school year! While this is exciting for many of our students and staff to think about, please know that we need your students here for as many full school days as possible as we move deeper into "testing season." Weekly updates are below.
1. Next week is a five-day week for students.
2. Stough's Art & Music Night is Wednesday! If we need to delay to Thursday due to weather, we will notify all families by lunchtime on Wednesday. Feel free to bring dinner and lawn chairs to set out on our turf field. There will be one dessert food truck on-site as well.
Here is the flyer you should have already received, and here is the performance schedule outside by the play areas:
- Kindergarten/First Grade: 6pm (meet in gym at 5:30pm)
- Second/Third Grades: 6:30 (meet in gym at 6pm)
- Fourth/Fifth Grades: 7pm (meet in gym at 6:30)
Parking could be a challenge. Please use the top of the parking deck off of Lakerim Avenue (at the entrance to carpool from the office park).
3. A note about books from our Media Specialist, Mrs. Galvan:
4. A note about Super Kids Day from our PE Teacher, Mr. Hooker:
This is one of the most fun school days of the year for students. The success of this field day is down to the wonderful parent volunteers who give their time to help run the events. Please join us on June 8th (Rain Date: June 9th).
Use the following link to sign up.
Please sign up for as many time slots as you wish.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
5. Finally, we are already actively planning for next school year. If you are already certain that your K-4 student will not be attending Stough next year, please let us know. Send an email to our data manager at email@example.com. This will help us to better plan for enrollments and class assignments for 2022-23.
6. PTA Updates:
Spring Auction Ends Tonight!
The auction closes at 9:00 tonight! Place your final bids on vacations, summer camps, artwork and more! If you don’t want to risk losing your favorite items, use the “buy now” feature to claim it! Thank you for your participation and support for the PTA. https://www.32auctions.com/stoughpta22
June 2- Bronco Tacos Social
We are teaming up with Bronco Tacos for a spirit night and a Laurel Hills playground get together from 5:00-7:00 pm. Bronco Tacos is a new restaurant at 3434 Edwards Mill Road. The entire fundraiser takes place from 2:00- 9:00 pm.
June 10- Popsicles and Play Social
Stop by the Laurel Hills playground on June 10 from 4:00-6:00 for popsicles and play time! PTA is supplying popsicles and renting the large shelter to celebrate a great school year. Hope to see you there!
Staff Lounge Registry
We would like to express our gratitude to all of you who sent registry items this year! The staff truly appreciates this gesture, and we look forward to continuing this support when we begin the 22-23 school year. Thank you!
Vision Martial Arts Fundraiser
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to try Martial Arts! Vision is offering 6 weeks of classes (in person or online) for only $69. This includes a practice uniform! Vision will give Stough PTA $65 from each enrollment. Please use this form to sign up: Vision Martial Arts Training for Stough PTA (wufoo.com)
Have a great weekend,
Chris Cox, Principal