Mandarin Language Immersion
This language immersion program offers students an opportunity to develop English acquisition as well as Chinese language development. The NC Standard Curriculum is utilized throughout all of the language immersion programs. Students, however, take their literacy, math, social studies, and science classes in a second language. While students are together for their immersion experience, they have the opportunity to participate in globally focused specials, taught in English, during other parts of the day. The immersion program begins in kindergarten and continues through 5th grade. Students seeking to join the program after kindergarten will be assessed to ensure ability to speak, read and write in the target language appropriate for the grade level they are seeking to join. The program continues at Daniels Magnet Middle School and Brougton Magnet High School.
Upcoming Events and Info
Magnet Parent Information SessionsGeneral information sessions about all magnet themes, early colleges, and year-round calendar, along with info about the application and selection process.
- December 4, January 8
- Location: Crossroads I, 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27518
- Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Email: email@example.com
Explore all magnet elementary programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- December 11, 9:30-11:00 at Scotts Ridge Elementary, 6601 Apex Barbecue Rd., Apex, NC 27502
- January 8, 9:30-11:00 at North Forest Pines Elementary , 11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- January 15, 9:30-11:00 at Brier Creek Elementary, 9801 Brier Creek Pkwy., Raleigh, NC 27617
Magnet Middle School Evening Mini Fairs
Explore all magnet middle school programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- December 10, 6p-7:30p - Mills Park ES, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- January 8, 6p-7:30p - Holly Grove ES, 1451 Avent Ferry Rd., Holly Springs, NC