Freshmen, Welcome to Athens Drive Magnet High School!
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) Begins Your Freshmen year and is cumulative throughout High School. Be sure to check your grades on PowerSchool weekly, and talk to your teachers about any missing work.
At the end of your Freshmen year, to be promoted to 10th Grade, students must pass:
1 credit must be English 1
2 credits must be from Math, Science, and/or Social Studies
Tips for 9th grade year
- Join a club!
- Get involved in sports!
- Get involved in the Arts!
- Other Student Activities at Athens Drive can be found by clicking here
- Start advocating to yourself and make positive connections with staff members
- Make sure you are enrolled in classes designed to prepare you for your future plans (college, military, workforce)
- Visit CFNC.org to get helpful tips on how to be a successful high school student and what you should do to begin planning for life after high school. CFNC promotes access to North Carolina higher education and assists students with education planning, career planning, and applying and paying for college.
- Join clubs and service organizations here at ADHS and in your community that may expose you to new interests and possible careers
- Look for enriching summer programs that you can participate in during the summer
- Talk with your parents/guardian or relatives about your options, ambitions and aspirations
- There have been increasing concerns about how students' social media image could be affecting their college and employment prospects. Check out these considerations and tips to be more social media savvy!
- Check out this Freshman Planning Timeline