Advanced Placement at Athens Drive
AP Testing Information:
The 2022 AP Exams will be administered as paper and pencil exams during the first two weeks of May: May 2 – 6 and May 9 – 13. These dates are determined by CollegeBoard, and students must take their AP exams during the scheduled day/time. Please log into your student CollegeBoard account to access your AP exam schedule.
Arrival Time & Location
Most exams will take place at Christ the King Lutheran Church (600 Walnut St, Cary, NC 27511), but some exams will be taken at Athens Drive High School. Students will receive an email (to the email address entered in the student's College Board account) with the exam location at least one day prior to their scheduled exam date. Students scheduled to take morning AP exams (start time 8AM) must report to the testing location by 7:25AM. Students scheduled to take afternoon AP exams (start time 12PM) must report to the testing location by 11:25AM.
AP exams can take up to 4 hours. All students are responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from the Church.
What to Bring on Exam Day
Use the What to Bring on Exam Day link to review the list of items you need to bring on exam day. Also, make sure you review the acceptable calculator requirements and the list of items you should not bring.
Students will receive exam specific information (e.g., testing location) via the email address entered in their Student CollegeBoard account. Please make sure you check this email account regularly throughout the AP exam testing window.
Unused/Cancelled AP Exam Fee
The CollegeBoard unused/cancelled AP exam fee is $40. Students are required to pay this fee if they do not take an AP exam they are scheduled to take.
AP Exam Schedule:
The 2022 AP Exams will be administered as paper-and-pencil exams over two weeks in May: May 2–6 and May 9–13.
8 a.m. Local Time
12 p.m. Local Time
May 2, 2022
United States Government and Politics
May 3, 2022
May 4, 2022
English Literature and Composition
Computer Science A
May 5, 2022
May 6, 2022
United States History
8 a.m. Local Time
12 p.m. Local Time
May 9, 2022
Computer Science Principles
May 10, 2022
English Language and Composition
May 11, 2022
Spanish Language and Culture
May 12, 2022
World History: Modern
Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Students must join their teacher's AP Classroom in order to register for their AP Exam. Deadlines to join, and therefore register, are below:
- 1st semester and yearlong courses: November 15th 2021
- 2nd semester courses: March 15th 2022
Late Fees & Cancelled/Unused Exam Fees
- All 1st semester & yearlong AP exams must be ordered by November 15th. After this date, if a student wants to register for a fall semester AP exam there is a $40 late fee.
- A $40 fee is also applied if a student wants to cancel their exam order after the November 15th deadline.
- If a student registered for an AP exam before November 15th and then does not show up to take the AP exam, they will incur a $40 unused exam fee.
- After March 15th, absolutely no changes can be made to the school's AP exam order. Any cancelled/unused AP exams will incur a $40 fee.
Exams with Digital Portfolios
- AP Art and Design: Your teacher or AP coordinator will set their own deadline for you to submit your portfolio. After you submit your portfolio to your teacher, the AP coordinator needs to forward it to the AP Program by the first week in May.
- AP Computer Science Principles: May 2, 2022 (11:59 p.m.) is the deadline to submit your Create performance task as final.
AP Courses offered in 2021-2022 at Athens Drive
Any questions or concerns can be directed to AP Coordinator, Kendall Boothe, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- AP Art History
- AP Biology and Research Methods (yearlong)
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Chemistry and Research Methods (yearlong)
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP English Language
- AP English Literature
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP Human Geography
- AP Physics I
- AP Psychology
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art 2D-Design
- AP US Government and Politics
- AP US History
- AP World History: Modern & 21st Century Global Geography (yearlong)