Advanced Placement at Athens Drive
The NEW 2020 AP exam dates can be found here.
- AP Make up Exam Tips (added May 27)
- Video instructions: AP Exam day step-by-step instructions and what to expect.
- An important updated testing guide can be found here.
- May 4, 2020 updates
- If a student experienced technical difficulties during their exam, they should request a makeup exam within 48 hours of their original test date/time. Please use this link to do so. https://education.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1B9R7XJa9dXaQBv
- Taking/Accessing the exam: Soon AP students will be provided with information on how to access the testing system on test day, and video demonstrations so that students can familiarize themselves with the system. Students will be able to access their exam in two ways. The exam tokens will be sent via email, and they'll also be available for students to access via My AP, so students should make sure they can log in to their College Board accounts ahead of test day in case they need to access the information there. Students should also have access to their email that is associated with CollegeBoard. If students don't know which email address is associated with College Board they can log in to their College Board account>>Click on the icon at the top right corner besides their name>>Account Settings>>They will be asked to re-enter their password>>Change their email address>>Click Update.
- Sending Scores to Colleges this year: Students can go into their College Board account, under AP Students, to select colleges they want to send this year's AP scores to. This is especially important for seniors who have decided where they are going to college next year! In the past students have done this by bubbling in college codes on their scantrons, but this year they will do it online and they can do it now! Students login to College Board>>In the left hand corner click the black down arrow>>Select AP Students>>My AP Profile>>Score Send>>Search for college name>>Save. Students can do this starting now and up until June 20th.
- Fee Reduction Form: ALL AP students need to fill out this Google Form: https://forms.gle/jzQ4oJVukBLLqhQD7 This information is needed to provide an accurate number of students who are eligible for an AP fee reduction. This information will not be shared with anyone except our AP Coordinator, Ms. Boothe.
For any questions or concerns please reach out to our AP Coordinator, Ms. Boothe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students and parents can also call CollegeBoard directly at 1-888-225-5427. To follow College Board AP updates please check this website frequently: https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students
- Students who want to cancel their AP exam: If a student does decide not to take an AP exam anymore they simply will not access the link sent to them to test. The College Board will send access to every student who "joined" AP Classroom no matter what. If the student does not access the test during the normal testing window, May 11th-May 22nd, then they will automatically be sent access again during the make-up window, June 1st-5th. Students do not need to do anything to "cancel their exam", besides just not taking it.
At Athens Drive, we value the experience that Advanced Placement Courses offered to students. AP Courses offer a rigorous curriculum at a level that helps students develop critical organizational, comprehension, and critical thinking skills that are essential. We encourage students to take AP courses for which they feel prepared, and we are committed to preparing students in 9th-10th grade. Students should plan carefully when selecting AP courses to ensure a reasonable balance of courses in the school year. Please work with your counselor to make the best choices for your future plans.
AP Course Offerings
We offer the following AP Courses:
- AP Spanish
- AP French
- AP Art 2D/3D
- AP Art History
- AP Psychology
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Human Geography
- AP Statistics
- AP European History
- AP US History
- AP US Government and Politics
- AP English Language
- AP English Literature
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Physics I
- AP Physics II
- AP Biology and Research Methods
- AP Chemistry and Research Methods
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Seminar (Capstone)
- AP Research (Capstone)
AP Capstone Program
Athens Drive is proud to be a participant in the AP Capstone program! The purpose of the AP Capstone™ course is to support students who may not traditionally select AP courses but who have the capability of performing at the AP level with a strong foundation. To find out more about the AP Capstone program as well as the process to earn the AP Capstone Diploma, click here or the AP Capstone link on the left.