Course Correction Form - Available November 27th - Due December 7th by 3:00pm
Please complete the following form - Course Correction Form Spring 2023-2024 to request consideration for a course correction in your second semester schedule. Below are the reasons to request considerations. Additionally, please pay close attention to the notes for seniors and the possible impact on college admissions decisions in requesting a correction.
November 27th: Form available online.
November 27th – December 7th: Form can be submitted online on before 3:00pm on December 7th. No requests will be accepted after this date.
December 20th: All schedule changes will be completed. *If the request is approved, the change will be reflected in PowerSchool. If the request is not approved, the schedule will remain the same in PowerSchool.
Here are the reasons to request a course correction:
Scheduled for less than four courses, i.e. missing a class, two courses in the same period
If you are a senior and a course is needed for graduation
Scheduled for a course where you have already received credit
Missing a pre-requisite course
Failure of a course
Requesting a level/rigor change (if scheduling allows - many courses are at capacity so change of rigor request are not guaranteed as it is based on availability and the ability to accommodate)
o Example: English III Academic <-> English III Honors <-> AP English Language & Composition
If you are a JUNIOR taking CCP courses or a SENIOR requesting a late arrival/early release - please follow THIS LINK to request that change: https://forms.gle/Va2AKueXn4ndUqAdA . Schedule reductions will not be processed in this form.
• Attention Seniors: If you are requesting changes to your schedule, or a reduction in your schedule, you must contact the colleges or universities you have applied to this year. A schedule change could affect your admission status - Students must acknowledge the “Course Correction Form” verifying you have contacted your college(s), and they are aware of your proposed change BEFORE you submit any request forms.
• Please be aware that the master schedule has been built around the choices you indicated when you choose classes last spring, and there are limited options available at this point.
• Duplicate or additional forms will not be accepted.
• Requests for specific teachers cannot be honored.
• Requests submitted by email or phone will not be honored. The form is the only way to request consideration for course corrections.
• The Student Services staff members are not available for appointments regarding schedule change requests.Administration and Student Services will be working together to adjust both students’ and teachers’ schedules. These changes will create balance within courses, minimize class sizes and alleviate overcrowding. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this process.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this process.
Mid-Year and Early Graduation Request Form
Please complete this form to request consideration for a Mid-Year Graduation (graduating in January - one semester early) or Early Graduation (graduating in June - one year early).
Thank you for your patience as we process requests.
Schedule Reduction Form for 2023-2024 School Year (Juniors/Seniors Only)
Use THIS FORM to request a reduction in courses at Green Level High School for NEXT school year (2023-2024). You must complete this form for your schedule reduction to be considered - this is only for Seniors (for dual enrollment, employment or other) and Juniors with dual enrollment at CCP (documentation is required to be uploaded).
This form must be completed by Thursday, December 7th by 3:00pm.Attention Seniors: If you are requesting changes to your schedule, or a reduction in your schedule, you must contact the colleges or universities you have applied to this year. A schedule change could affect your admission status - Students must acknowledge the “Course Correction Form” verifying you have contacted your college(s), and they are aware of your proposed change BEFORE you submit any request forms.
- November 27th: Form available online.
- November 27th – December 7th: Form can be submitted online on before 3:00pm on December 7th. No requests will be accepted after this date.
- December 20th: All schedule changes will be completed. *If the request is approved, the change will be reflected in PowerSchool. If the request is not approved, the schedule will remain the same in PowerSchool.
**If you are participating in CCP at Wake Tech, please attach your dual-enrollment form AND proof of course registration in the form. Registration for Wake Tech CCP courses for Summer/Fall starts in April - if you are not registered yet, make sure when you upload your Dual Enrollment form here now (it does not need your counselor's signature - just the student and parent signature). Then send a screenshot from your portal of your enrollment in select courses as soon as you register with Wake Tech. You can email your counselor directly or Ms. Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org**
Schedule reductions will not be possible when required courses are present in the class period(s) you are requesting to drop. Student schedules will not be rearranged to accommodate schedule reduction requests. Students must register for 12 courses - 8 primary and 4 alternates. Your course schedule for Green Level is not contingent on Wake Tech enrollment.
All forms must have the student and parent/guardian acknowledgment to be considered – students must use their WCPSS email address for consideration.
Thank you for your patience as we process requests.
Senior Packet - Class of 2024! - Updated!
Senior Packet link - this form is for seniors to complete which shares with your counselor to help in writing recommendations! Student Services have access to this form, so your counselor will view it there.
This is required at least 2 weeks prior to a deadline to write a recommendation - we must have at least two weeks to complete the information by your deadline. You should not wait on any recommendation to submit - don't miss your deadlines! We have extended one - good luck and see you soon!
Dual Enrollment Form - College and Career Promise (CCP) at Wake Tech
This form is for students who are taking dual enrollment courses through the Career and College Promise (CCP) program at Wake Technical Community College. Students must complete this form for their dual enrollment courses to be put on the high school and college transcript.
Please complete this form, AND attach a screenshot from your Wake Tech portal of your enrollment, and upload it into the Schedule Reduction Form or return it to Student Services, email it to Ms. Roberts at email@example.com or your school counselor after enrolling through Wake Tech.