We are currently driving students who took the class in April & May 2023.
Registration for 2nd Semester classes will open in December (Date & Time TBD) - visit www.jordandriving.com for more info
The current wait time between completion of the class and driving is approx. 6 months
Driver Education at Green Level
DRIVER ED. UPDATES (as of 9/6/23)
The goal of the Wake County Public School System and its driver education contractor, Jordan Driving School (JDS), is to provide a quality driver education program to all students in a safe and timely manner. The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires 30 hours of classroom instruction and six hours of behind-the-wheel training. The average time to complete the Driver Education class, from registration through the classroom and driving phases, is four months. Students wanting their permits by age 15 must register on or before the age of 14 years, eight months. Students with extracurricular activities or jobs may take longer due to conflicts with scheduling driver education.
There are no academic requirements in order to take the driver education class. There are academic requirements in order to apply for a permit or license after finishing the driver education class.
Students should register online at www.jordandriving.com. Once students are assigned to a class, they will be notified to pay the $65.00 fee in order to finalize their registration. Students that are dismissed from driver education class due to behavior or attendance problems will not be allowed to take driver education a second time through the Wake County Public School System.
Parents are highly encouraged to attend a parent-teen meeting, held on the last day of the classroom session for driver education students. This meeting will inform parents and students of behind-the-wheel procedures and provide best practices for parents teaching teens to drive. Attending parents will receive a Parent-Teen Driver Training Manual and DVD designed to give parents proper driving techniques and lessons, to help themselves and their teen, during Phase 1 of graduated licensing.
You must be 14½ years of age for the required 30-hour classroom portion. Driver Education is offered through a private contractor, Jordan Driving School, after school hours, Saturdays, holiday breaks and during summer months. Driver Education is offered to each eligible student residing within Wake County, who pays a $65 fee to register for a class. A lead teacher at each of the WCPSS high schools is assigned to administer the Driver Education program.
- Registration for 1st semester classes will open on September 13th Please refer to www.jordandriving.com for more registration updates.
- Classes will be filled on a 1st come basis. Each class will automatically close once 35 students have registered and paid the $65 registration fee
- Registration will be done online at www.jordandriving.com
- In order to register for a class students must be 14 ½ prior to the 1st day of the class they would like to take.
- Classes will be held after school in room 1629 from 2:30 to 5:30. Attendance is mandatory for all classes for the entire class time. If you cannot attend all class sessions, please do not register for the class
- Class 1: October 5th through Oct. 19th (no class on Oct. 9th)
- Class 2: November 13th through November 30th (no class on November 17th , 22nd , 23rd & 24th )
- Class 3: January 3rd through January 17th (some class dates are subject to change based on 1st semester exams)