Welcome Class of 2024!
Presentations (Newest to Oldest):
- Senior Conferences - Starting September 11-October 6 - Handout Shared - Seniors, check your email for your Google calendar invite from your counselor! Complete your Senior Packet (below)!
- Senior Night - September 7, 2023 - Senior Timeline Presentation (also shared in Senior Advisory in the Auditorium), Testing Information & Application Components Presentation
- Competitive Scholarships - September 7, 2023 - Advisory Presentation
- Rising Senior Parent Night - April 24, 2023 - Slideshow
Please complete this link to the Senior Packet for your counselor! This document helps to give more information about you, your interests, passions and post-secondary plans. If you are requesting a recommendation or secondary school report, you must give us at least 2 weeks prior to a deadline to guarantee our part is completed by the deadline. Please also note, colleges and scholarships allow recommendations and reports to be sent up to two weeks after your deadline - do not wait on your counselor or recommender to apply! You should hit submit when you are ready! Thank you in advance!
To ensure every senior has a special year, we are asking each senior to pay a fee to help cover expenses (senior shirt, senior gift, senior dinner, stole, diploma, graduation expenses, etc…) over the year. If you would like to sponsor another student, we are gladly accepting additional donations. We will post more information soon!
CADY Studios will be on campus on August 11th and August 17th for Senior Portraits. Click here to schedule your appointment. You also have the option to schedule a session off-site or at the CADY Studio in Raleigh. Click here for more information.
Senior Cap and Gown Ordering with Jostens:
See this link for more information on how to order your Cap & Gown - and more!
New Immunization Requirement:
North Carolina law now requires all rising 12th graders to receive a meningococcal vaccine booster before starting 12th grade. The vaccination must be done before the 23-24 school year begins. Parents will need to provide a copy of their child’s immunization record showing proof that the meningococcal vaccine has been completed prior to the first day of school. This is a 2-dose immunization; the 1st dose was required in the 7th grade in Wake County schools. Please send your immunization updates to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Fax: 919-589-6734 Attention- Records.....More information is located HERE
Senior Activities Committee (SAC):
The goal of SAC is to:
- Share important Senior information
- Plan fun events to celebrate our Seniors
- Create subcommittees to create/lead/enhance/execute new ideas, etc.
- Class of 2024 to feel special!
Please mark these dates in your calendar if you would like to join our meetings on the first Wednesday of each month, from 5:30-6:30 pm, in the GLHS Auditorium.
Dates to be shared!