Rising Kindergarten Family Information
Ready-Set-Kindergarten! We are so excited to support your family as your child makes their leap into school! You may find the information below helpful. Be sure to browse through the information, especially the links, for more support. We have additional resources at the bottom of this page!
Washington Gifted and Talented Magnet Elementary School
- Address: 1000 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Main Phone Line: 919-856-7960
- Fax Number: 919-704-2188
- School Website: https://www.wcpss.net/washingtones
- Students Arrive: 8:50-9:20 AM
- School Day Start: 9:20 AM
- Students Dismiss: 3:50-4:20 PM
- After 3:15 PM, students must be picked up in carpool – no early checkouts.
Popsicles & Play Dates for Rising Kindergarteners and their Families
- Our PTA will host Popsicles on the Playground in August!
Kindergarten Staggered Entry
From 8:50am -2:00pm, Monday through Wednesday
Supervision is available until 3:50pm if a student needs to ride the bus or dismiss with a sibling.
Students only need to bring:
Lunch or $3.25 to buy lunch.
Staggered day is based on student’s last name:
Letters A-J Monday, August 28
Letters K-R Tuesday, August 29
Letters S-Z Wednesday, August 30
Kindergarten “Meet the Teacher”
- Kindergarten Meet the Teacher is on the Friday of staggered entry, September 1 from 2:00-3:00pm.
- Click here to register as a 23-24 Bus Rider!
- Bus Schedule Link -Check the website in August for posted bus routes.
- “Here Comes the Bus App:” https://www.wcpss.net/herecomesthebus
- District Code: 67500
- Immunization Information
- Kindergarten Health Assessment
- Immunization Forms and Kindergarten Health Assessments must be turned in within 30 days of the 1st day of school or your child will be will be excluded from school.
- If your student will be using afternoon carpool throughout the year, a carpool number/tag is required for your vehicle. Carpool numbers are not required for morning drop off.
- Request a carpool tag online by completing the Carpool Tag Request Form. Carpool tags are given out at Meet the Teacher, Staggered Entry dates and sent home in student folders throughout the year as requested.
- Washington siblings share a carpool number. Only one request needs to be completed each year per family.
- 1702 Medication Form is required for any medication that will be administered at school.
- WCPSS policy requires an adult to bring the completed 1702 form and medication to school and sign the medication in with office staff. DO NOT send medication in with a child.
- Medications must be in their original containers with the prescription label.
- Monthly Cafeteria Menus
- Information on Establishing a WCPSS Lunch Account for Your Child
- Online School Lunch Link: www.myschoolbucks.com
- Free and Reduced Lunch Forms
- Lunch Prices: **Breakfast: Elementary = $1.50 **Lunch: Elementary = $3.25 (subject to change)
Before School Care
- We are working to provide a before care program for our students from 7:00-8:50am daily.
- MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!
After School Program
Stay Connected with us Digitally and on Social Media
- Washington Gifted and Talented Magnet Elementary
- Follow us on Twitter: @GTWizards1
- Like us on our PTA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/wizardpta/
- Follow us on our PTA Twitter: @WizardPTA
Rising Kindergarten Orientation Slide Show Presentation
Kick-Off To Kindergarten
Book Titles for Home Reading
Learning Print Concepts