Gifted and Talented (K-12)Students enrich their school experience by choosing from a wide array of electives: Robotics, International Games, Theater Production, Coastal Ecology, Orchestra, Mystical Mythology and more than 100 others.
Washington has been a part of the magnet program for many years. The Gifted and Talented (GT) Pathway maintains that all students have a gift our talent. Our job at Washington is to nuture the gifts and talents of all of our students. At Washington students will be exposed to a wide range of electives that are designed to strengthen the Common Core and NC Essential Standards. Students have the opportunity to choose the electives they would like to teach.The Gifted and Talented Pathway includes Elementary, Middle, and High School opportunities.For more information about Magnet programs in Wake County please visit this website: http://https://www.wcpss.net/Page/173
Upcoming Events and Info
Magnet Parent Information SessionsGeneral information sessions about all magnet themes, early colleges, and year-round calendar, along with info about the application and selection process.
- September 4, October 2, November 6, December 4, January 8
- Location: Crossroads I, 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27518
- Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore all magnet elementary programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- November 14, 9:30-11:00 at Mills Park Elementary, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- December 11, 9:30-11:00 at Scotts Ridge Elementary, 6601 Apex Barbecue Rd., Apex, NC 27502
- January 8, 9:30-11:00 at North Forest Pines Elementary , 11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- January 15, 9:30-11:00 at Brier Creek Elementary, 9801 Brier Creek Pkwy., Raleigh, NC 27617
Magnet Middle School Evening Mini Fairs
Explore all magnet middle school programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- November 12, 6p-7:30p - North Forest Pines ES,11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- December 10, 6p-7:30p - Mills Park ES, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- January 8, 6p-7:30p - Holly Grove ES, 1451 Avent Ferry Rd., Holly Springs, NC