• Welcome to the Wake County Public School System! Did you know this year WCPSS is participating in Open Registration?

    That means you can enroll NOW for the 22-23 School Year! 

    Here is how to enroll in our school district. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Assignment online or at 919-431-7333. En Español . If you have questions specific to Washington GT Magnet Elementary, you can reach us at 919-856-7960. (Se Habla Espanol, tambien)! 

    Step 1: Find your base school

    In Wake County, students are assigned to a base elementary, middle, and high school for their home address. Find your base school using our address look-up tool. Your base school may have an enrollment cap. You will still register for your base school. Learn more about how an enrollment cap might affect you.


    Step 2: Enroll online 

    • Enroll in English for 22-23.
    • Iniciar una solicitud en español para 22-23.

    Need technical support? Contact PowerSchool Registration support at 866-752-6850.

    Step 3: Bring the enrollment materials to your base school

    In order to finalize the registration process, school staff will review your submission and contact you with the next steps. Please wait for information from your child's base school regarding the completion of the enrollment process. The following documents need to be presented in person at the school in order to complete the registration process even if you have uploaded the document to the online registration:

    1. A certified copy of your child's birth certificate. (Need a birth certificate? Parents of children born in Wake County may now order certified birth certificates from the Wake County Register of Deeds website.)
    2. Proof of your Wake County address:
    3. A photo ID of the parent or legal custodian
    4. Your child's immunization record
    5. Any custody documents

    Step 4: Obtain and submit proof of immunizations and NC Health Assessment

    State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed NC Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. NC Health Assessment Forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department.

    State law requires these vaccinations before a student enters kindergarten and 7th grade.