• Transcript Instructions for AFHS Students

    Senior Transcripts are available to send for college applications upon completion of the fall senior rank, usually around the third week of September.  Please do not send transcripts prior to this date as the transcript will not be updated with the most current class rank and schedule information.  Student Services will announce the date that transcripts are ready.

    College Applications: Fall (when you apply) - the way students send their transcripts depends on where they are applying and how they applied:

    • In-State Colleges and Universities: 
      • If you applied using CFNC you must request your transcript through CFNC. Make sure your name and student ID are entered correctly in your profile. You are able to check the status of transcript requests via your CFNC account after it has been requested. YouTube tutorial for ordering transcripts through CFNC.  
      • If you applied using Common App or Coalition, you must add your counselor as your recommender so they can upload your transcript.
    • Out-of-State Colleges and Universities:
      • If you applied using Common App or Coalition, your counselor will upload your transcript (as long as you have added them as your counselor recommender).
      • If you applied using the school's website, you may need to request your transcript through Scriborder at https://wcpss.scriborder.com/. Students are able to request three free transcripts through Scriborder and then the cost is $5 per transcript.

    College Applications: Mid-Year Transcript

    Some schools may request a mid-year transcript. Those transcripts will be available after re-ranking occurs in mid-February. There are three scenarios to choose from when deciding how to send your mid-year transcript:

    1. IF you applied to any school via Common App or Coalition App: No action from the student is necessary. Your counselor will upload a copy of your mid-year transcript to any college/university you applied to through Common App or Coalition App.
    2. IF you applied to an in-state school and you did not use the Common App or Coalition App: You will use the Transcript Manager at CFNC to request your mid-year transcript.
    3. IF you applied to an out-of-state school and you did not use the Common App or Coalition App: You will order your mid-year transcript via Scriborder.

    College Applications: Final Transcripts

    Final Transcripts will be available in the last week of June - and ALL students are responsible for sending their final transcript.

    • Students attending In-State Universities: ALL students attending an in-state school must request their final transcript via CFNC. This includes students who applied through Common App or another website. Students should make this request by mid-June.
    • Students attending Out-of-State Universities: Submit a final transcript request through Scriborder in late May/early June. These requests will be held until transcripts are finalized. 

    Other Transcript Needs

    • Scholarships: Request these transcripts through ScribOrder and select "scholarship" as the reason for the transcript. This will allow you to send the transcript to your scholarship address for free. Please direct any questions regarding ScribOrder transcripts to our registrar, Mrs. Wall (jjwall@wcpss.net).
    • Career College Promise (CCP): Please visit our CCP page for instructions and additional information.
    • Records Requests for students who are withdrawing to another school:  Students who are moving and need records sent to their next school will need to have a records request sent by their next school to the Registrar, Jennapher Wall, by fax or mail. (Fax number is 919-694-0526).
    • NCAA:  Students will need to register for the NCAA at www.eligibilitycenter.org.  Once students have registered online at the Eligibility Center, they will need to contact the AFHS Registrar in Student Services to have their transcript added to their online account.

    Transcript Request Flow Chart

    Sending SAT/ACT Test Scores:

    Students receive copies of these scores directly from SAT/ACT. When you receive your score KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE. If you need it again, you can contact the SAT or ACT websites listed below to follow the directions to access previous test scores and send them directly to colleges from the SAT/ACT websites. High schools do NOT send SAT/ACT scores to colleges. The student must log onto their SAT/ACT accounts to send those scores directly to the colleges.

    SAT website:     


    ACT website: