Class of 2023
Coming up in October....UNC System Open House - learn more about all 16 universities in the UNC System
During the week of October 3, 2022, students will have the option of attending up to four virtual sessions, with each session offering information about various schools in the UNC-System. Current students from each university will share details about their college experience and answer questions live.
Click HERE to learn more and to register for the information sessions.
- The CCP enrollment cycle for Spring 2023 begins 9/26. Click here for more details, including a CCP information session on 10/4 during all three lunches.
Park Scholars Information Session
Seniors interested in applying to be considered for North Carolina State University's Park Scholarship program are welcome to attend a session during their lunch to hear from both a former and current Park Scholar to learn more about the program and get tips on applying.
The sessions will take place during all three lunches on Friday, September 30th, in the Media Center. Please register for a session during your assigned lunch so you may receive a pass to attend. Students who have 3rd/4th Early Release should still complete the form and attend the A lunch session. The deadline to register is Thursday, Sept. 29th by 1:00p. You may only attend during your assigned lunch.
- The ASVAB Military Entrance Exam will be given on Tuesday, 10/18. All 10-12th graders are eligible! Sign up here: https://bit.ly/ASVABFall2022
- College Application Tips & Reminders - sent to seniors via email on 9/16 or 9/19
- Senior Presentation - presented on 9/13/22
- Seniors received their unofficial transcripts (for review) in Homeroomon on 9/7. Students should examine those transcripts and contact their counselor if they identify a mistake or have a question.
- Class rank will be updated on 9/26 and seniors will receive an updated transcript in Homeroom on 9/28. Counselors will then begin uploading transcripts to Common App after that date. There is NO need to email counselors to request a transcript.
- Senior Update/Newsletter
- If a counselor recommendation is required for your college application, be sure to submit the Counselor Brag Sheet to your counselor.
College Essay Writing Clinic with Ms. Wilson (Presented September 2020)
The College Essay: How to present your best self (Presented by Mr. Lane Summer 2020)
NC Merit Scholarship Information Five of the largest NC colleges/universities present information on their particular Merit Programs for the Class of 2022.
Scholarship Opportunities for AFHS students. Updated frequently, check back often for details.
Transcripts and sending SAT/ACT scores Everything you need to know about ordering your transcripts and sending your scores to colleges/universities.