Pre-Kindergarten at Kingswood Montessori Magnet School
The Online Application period is Oct. 15, 2020 - Jan. 28, 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
Kingswood Montessori Magnet accepts Pre-Kindergarten students to support its Montessori multi-age philosophy. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students are together in the same primary classroom. Tuition is charged only for the Pre-Kindergarten program. Tuition is $6,000. Although a tuition increase is not expected for the coming school year, it is subject to change.
- Why Pre-K?: Kingswood Montessori Magnet supports a continuum of learning that begins with the pre-kindergarten year and culminates in the fifth grade. The staff believes a true Montessori education is a seven-year process. Kingswood Montessori Magnet encourages parents who are committed to supporting this learning continuum to apply for the Pre-Kindergarten program.
- Who is eligible to apply?: Only students enrolled or pre-registered to attend a Wake County Public School for the 2021-2022 school year. Students not currently attending a WCPSS school will need to pre-register through the Office of Student Assignment starting October 15, 2020. The expectation is that entering Pre-Kindergarten students are fully potty trained before the start of school.
How to Apply
Parents who would like to apply for the Kingswood Montessori Magnet Pre-Kindergarten program will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the Online Application Period for Magnet Schools (Oct. 15,2020 - Jan. 28, 2021). The Office of Student Assignment will reply to the email with provisional pre-enrollment documents to be completed and instructions on how to submit required documentation. After this documentation is submitted, the Office of Student Assignment will process accordingly and send another email with confirmation of the provisional pre-enrollment along with the student’s ID number. The parent will use this number to submit an online magnet application for the Kingswood Montessori Magnet Pre-Kindergarten Program
This is a list of materials that the Office of Student Assignment will require:
o A copy of the child’s certified birth certificate (must be 4 years old by August 31, 2021).
o Proof of Wake County address (current electric, gas or water bill in the parent’s name not more than 30 days old, or newly signed lease this is not more than 60 days old, or offer to purchase agreement with a closing date on or before June 30, 2021).
o A photo ID of the parent or legal custodian.
- Notification of Acceptance: Results will be posted to online parent accounts by February 23, 2021.
- How students are selected: Prioritized selection criteria are used to fill available seats. More information will be posted in November.
- Applicant Pools: Students who do not receive a seat at their first choice school will be placed in an applicant pool. (Numbered waitlists will no longer be used, as available seats change with each application selection.) Applicant pools will be reviewed and processed in the Spring, and additional assignments may be made based on seat availability. Applicant pool results are posted to parent online accounts once the available seats are reviewed. Parents will receive an email letting them know when the applicant pools have been processed. *No Appeals: Students who apply but do not receive a seat may not appeal the decision.*
- Transportation: Choosing a school also means choosing transportation services. Make sure both fit the needs of your family. Most magnet students are eligible for bus transportation, but the type of service may vary depending on your school choice. Find transportation information for your magnet options by searching for your address in the Base School Locator. Some magnet students who receive neighborhood busing can experience ride times longer than an hour.