Pre-Kindergarten at Kingswood Montessori Magnet School
- The Online Application period is Jan. 4-30, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Who is eligible to apply: Only students enrolled or pre-registered to attend a Wake County Public School for the 2019-2020 school year. Students not currently attending a WCPSS school will need to pre-register at the Office of Student Assignment, 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, starting Jan. 4, 2019. The expectation is that entering Pre-Kindergarten students are fully potty trained before the start of school.
- About Kingswood Pre-K Program: Kingswood Montessori Magnet accepts Pre-Kindergarten students to support its Montessori multi-age philosophy. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students are together in the same primary classroom. Tuition is charged only for the Pre-Kindergarten program. Tuition is $6,000. Although a tuition increase is not expected for the coming school year, it is subject to change.
- Why Pre-K?: Kingswood Montessori Magnet supports a continuum of learning that begins with the pre-kindergarten year and culminates in the fifth grade. The staff believes a true Montessori education is a seven-year process. Kingswood Montessori Magnet encourages parents who are committed to supporting this learning continuum to apply for the Pre-Kindergarten program.
- How to apply: Parents who would like to apply for the Kingswood Montessori Magnet Pre-Kindergarten program will need to visit the Office of Student Assignment at 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, during the Online Application Period for Magnet Schools (Jan. 4-30). The Office of Student Assignment will have the parent complete an enrollment packet. Once the enrollment packet is completed, the office will assign the student an ID number. This number will be used to submit an online magnet application for the Kingswood Montessori Magnet pre-kindergarten program.
- Please bring the following materials:
- A certified birth certificate (student must be 4 years old by Aug. 31)
- Proof of your Wake County address (current gas, water, or electric bill in parent’s name that is no more than 60 days old, newly signed lease, or offer to purchase agreement with a closing date before June 30)
- A photo ID of the parent or guardian
- Notification: Results will be posted to online parent accounts February 19th.
- How students are selected: Prioritized selection criteria are used to fill available seats. More information will be posted in November.
- Applicant pools: Students who do not receive a seat at their first choice school will be placed in an applicant pool. (Numbered wait lists will no longer be used, as available seats change with each application selection.) Applicant pools will be reviewed and processed in the spring, and additional assignments may be made based on seat availability. Applicant pool results are posted to parent online accounts once the available seats are reviewed. Parents will receive an email letting them know when the applicant pools have been processed.
- No appeals: Students who apply but do not receive a seat may not appeal the decision.
- Transportation: Choosing a school also means choosing transportation services. Make sure both fit the needs of your family. Most magnet students are eligible for bus transportation, but the type of service may vary depending on your school choice. Find transportation information for your magnet options by searching for your address in the Base School Locator. Some magnet students who receive neighborhood busing can experience ride times longer than an hour.