Dear Parents of 5th Grade Students,
We are preparing for our two different opportunities to recongnize our 5th graders next week( one for Virtual Academy students, the other for our in-person students). Most of you have responded on our Google Form so we are planning accordingly. We would ask that you complete this Google doc if we need to adjust our numbers to have an idea of the names of students who will be in attendance. If by chance, you have not, please do so by this Monday morning, so we can be prepared with your child's certificate etc.
- This is not an actual ceremony. We will have parents/students line up under our awning outside the main doors. When the time comes to enter, staff will have you enter the front doors to the gym and file around the perimeter, socially distanced.
- Since you're entering the building, masks are required by all students and visitors.
- Staff will be positioned along the way to provide stops in the gym. This will allow students the opportunity for them to chat and see many of their Specialist teachers etc. they may have had through the years. You will proceed toward the stage.
- When your child reaches the last stop at the stage, your child will have their name announced, and then walk up on stage to receive their promotion certificate and any other awards/items.
- At this time, you and your family members can have a seat in front of center stage. Your family can also stand in front of the stage to take a picture of your child if they wish. Families will then proceed out the same gym door and proceed down the side hallways for photo opportunities at a few stations for family photos. There is one in the hallway and the other 3 are outside in front of the school.
- For in-person students who will not have family members here, we will also announce their names and have them walk across the stage if they're in attendance on June 10th.
- If you choose to sign your child out after the event, then we will have a sign-out table at the end of the gym hallway in front of the cafeteria. You do not need to come to the main office to do so.
- Families can bring up to 4 members in addition to their 5th Grade student.
- Please try to arrive by 12:45-2:00 on Wednesday for the Virtual Acdemy students' event.
- Please try to arrive by 9:45-10:30 on Thursday morning for the in-person students' event
The dates/times are as follows:
On Wednesday, June 9th at 1:30-2:30 pm- Virtual Academy students' Promotion Event
On Thursday, June 10th at 10:00 am-11:00am -In-person students' Promotion Event
We look forward to seeing some of our families next week and celebrating our students! :)
Catherine Yanello, Principal
Last week of school! Thursday, June 10th is the last day for students
Dear Reedy Creek Families,
I want to thank all of you for your patience and support all school year. Families and students have undergone a lot of changes this school year, and have persevered right along with us! We also appreciated your understanding as you partnered with us to meet the academic needs of your students at home and on Remote Learning Days. In addition, I know many of you worked alongside your child during virtual learning to assist them and ensure they were accessing their lessons and completing assignments. You definitely played a part in your child's success.
Learning is still happening next week. Teachers have adjusted some of their lessons and activities to provide different types of learning opportunities that are more hands-on and student centered. We know that our students will have a great last week of school. If you ordered a yearbook, these will be be given to in-person students on Wednesday. Virtual Academy students can pick up their yearbooks Tuesday and Wednesday. Please call in advance so that yearbooks can be placed outside on the bench labeled with the student's name (weather permitting). Also, report cards will be sent electronically for all students on Thursday. If students are in-person, some students will be bringing a hard copy home as well. Promotion or retention will be checked at the bottom of the report card.
Bus Registration - If you are not currently registered for transportation but would like service next school year, you must request transportation by July 19th to ensure service on the first day of school. To do so, go to wcpss.net/busrider. If you are currently registered for transportation, WCPSS will be sending out an email in the next couple of weeks to confirm your preferences for next year.
A few weeks ago, we held a virtual parent night where teachers shared resources and ideas at different grade levels for use over the summer to keep your child's skills sharp and prevent summer slide. Students can work on various activities in Math and Reading to possibly fill gaps etc. If you were unable to attend our event, please access these materials by clicking on the links here. We also have them posted on our website for easy access. Since many students who already have devices checked out to them and are returning to a WCPSS school will keep their devices over the summer, the digital resources will also be especially helpful.
Again, thanks for helping us make this a successful year for our students! We look forward to a more "normal" school year when we return in August. :) Stay safe. Have a great summer!!
Catherine Yanello, Principal