Mission, Vision and Values Page
Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
Reedy Creek will be a place where all students are actively engaged in a wide variety of educational experiences integrating collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
Value Statement: To achieve our mission, we will:
- Hold high expectations and promote high standards of academic, personal, and social achievement for all students by building a growth mindset school culture.
- Promote effort and motivation in students for them to assume ownership of their own learning.
- Understand and be responsive toward the varied needs of each student and our Reedy Creek community.
- Celebrate and respect the diversity of our learning community. Work in partnership with families and the community to support student learning.
- Work collaboratively in PLTs to target research-based instructional strategies, create common assessments and analyze student data as the driving forces for improved student learning.
- Differentiate learning opportunities for all students by adapting and modifying our instructional strategies to meet students' needs.
- Provide opportunities for students to become innovative thinkers and problem solvers through integration of content areas, use of technology, and involvement in 4Cs learning activities.
- Build confidence in students through projects that involve trial and error and teach them the value of persistence, teamwork and putting forth effort to make improvements.
- Ensure that our school is a safe, positive, and organized setting with clearly defined behavior expectations.