Due to the county beiing in Plan B Transition at this time, all students are beginning this school year remotely. This includes both Virtual Academy students and plan B students. Therfore, information posted about remote learning is currently applicable to ALL students!
All instruction will be relevant, rigorous, and meaningful.
It’s our core belief that all students deserve to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day. This school year, regardless of which learning environment your child attends, they will be taught rigorous content every day that aligns with North Carolina’s grade-level standards.
Here’s what will be the same across all learning environments and across all schools:
- All students will have the same grading structures, as outlined in Board Policy 3400.
- All schools will take attendance.
- All classes will use similar, district-supported learning materials, texts and instructional tools.
- All students will get appropriate support and services through the general education program, special education, Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs), 504 plans, Academically & Intellectually Gifted (AIG), English as a Second Language (ESL), and intervention.
- All students will get support from their counselors, social workers, and school psychologists as needed.
- All schools will focus on establishing effective relationships and community.