DEVICE REPAIR: Try the tips below or visit the tutorials.... STILL NOT WORKING?
- Student devices... call 1201 or bring them to the LC.
- Staff devices, fill out a help desk ticket through the Wake ID portal.
TOP 5 TECH ISSUES @ KHSCD:
- Plug in and restart computer by holding down button for 15 seconds to receive updates and clear issues
- Make sure WIFI is on the laptop/iPad or the ethernet cable is plugged in on the desktop. Hit the F8 wifi symbol on the top row of the laptop, to see if wifi has been turned off/put into airplane mode. See specific steps below.
- Laptop won't charge - The yellow plastic piece on the square charger sometimes breaks off in the port. The librarians can usually fish it out! Broken chargers work, but yellow in the port won't allow a charge.
- Cable Check:
- Laptop: Is the charger plugged in, and is the adaptor tightly put together?
- Desktop: check ethernet cable, keyboard, mouse, audio (can go in back), CPU power to wall, monitor power to wall, CPU to monitor via VGA cable
- If a Mouse isn't working, tab through all of the boxes on the screen to the bottom right button and choose restart or shut down. (This will usually fix the issue!)
If these don't work, get the serial number by the audio jack on the PC and open a help desk ticket. See directions video here. After submitting the ticket, post a note with the ticket number on top and send the laptop to the library with a student.
"THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO LOGON SERVERS AVAILABLE TO SERVICE THE LOGON REQUEST"
Check wifi access - press the F8 key.
When the following screen appears check for the following:
- Airplane Mode Status “OFF”
- 802.11 Wireless Radio Status “ON”
- Bluetooth “ON” or “OFF” (does not matter)
If one or more of these is set incorrectly use the “Click to Change Status” buttons to fix.
IBM BIGFIX INSTALLER - GET YOUR SOFTWARE HERE!
If you need to install software provided by WCPSS, you can easily do it from your task bar. You might need programs like Ladibug or the VLC Video player for an external hard drive to play DVDs. See the diagram below...
1. Find "IBM BigFix" within your task bar, it might be in the "Hidden Icons" arrow.
2. Click on the Blue lower case b for "IBM BigFix"
3. Type in your program. If it doesn't come up, your program is already installed on your computer OR you're logged in as a student who can't have that program.
Click the buttons for more help
Still need help?? Click here for the WCPSS Student Help Desk Portal!