All students have access to Outlook automatically when they log into their WakeID Portal. Their WakeID username will be their email prefix.
Guidelines for Email use
When using email, students must observe guidelines and prohibited uses outlined in the Student Code of Conduct (Board Policy 6410 and related Regulations and Procedures) and Student Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources (Board Policy 6446 and related Regulations and Procedures).
Frequently Asked Questions
Need help? Check to see if your question has been addressed in the Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Where do I go to check my email?
Why do I need to reset my password?
- For security, all students must reset their passwords after logging in for the first time. We encourage students to periodically update their passwords for security
What’s my login information?
- Your WakeID username will be your email prefix (a combination of initials and last name and possibly a number).
I am locked out of my account. Can I reset my password?
- School staff can help you reset your password. Or email the school's media specialists, email@example.com
I am having other problems logging in.
- School staff may be able to help you; Contact our school's media specialists, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do I get a blank screen in Internet Explorer?
- Internet Explorer 10 will need to use “compatibility view” mode to view email. This is located under the tools menu.
What if your parent does not want you to have a WCPSS email address?
- A parent who does not want their child to have an email address can opt out of the service by contacting the school.
*Taken from WCPSS Information about Student WebMail