Ms. Chidester's Weekly Message: 09/29/23
Dear Conn Magnet Elementary School Families,
We had a great Curriculum Night/Open House this past Thursday! Thank you to all of our families who were able to attend. A big thank you to PTA for sharing ways all families can become active participants at school! We enjoyed spending time together and learning from teachers and staff.
Parent and Community Volunteers: All WCPSS parent and community volunteers are required to register through the MyVolunteer system. Conn Magnet Elementary offers in-house training for new volunteers to review specific school volunteer procedures and opportunities. Our next session is Wednesday, October 18 at 9:30 a.m. No need to sign up- just check in at the office upon arrival. If you are already approved and have attended our in-house training, click here to sign up!
Bullying Prevention Month: October is Bullying Prevention Month and our CONNmUNITY is taking a stand against bullying. Here are a few ways that Conn is participating this month:
- Monday, October 2 is WORLD BULLYING PREVENTION DAY. All staff and students are encouraged to wear BLUE to unite against bullying.
- Our school counseling team will be teaching bullying prevention lessons to every classroom
- All classes will take a kindness pledge to represent our commitment to kindness, compassion, and acceptance of all students at Conn
- Teachers will be leading classroom discussions and morning meeting activities focused on bullying
Donations Needed: Our students participate in many hands-on learning experiences each day. As we continue to embed our Entrepreneurial Design IDEAS Cycle theme across all content areas, we need support with gathering the following supplies so our IDEAS can come to life! If you are interested in donating some of these items, please send them in with your child. We will also have a bin at carpool and in the main office. Thank you for your support!
- clean plastic bottles
- paper towel rolls
- cardboard boxes (Amazon, cracker, cereal, tissue, etc.)
- shoe boxes
- paper grocery bags
PTA Walk to School Day: Celebrate "Walktober" this October with the Conn PTA Wellness Committee! Grab some coffee and snacks and walk or roll to school with us on Wednesday, October 4. Park or meet at the Temple Baptist Church parking lot between 8:20 a.m. - 8:40 a.m. (near the Watauga Street entrance). We'll start walking together at 8:40 a.m. Start the day with friends and fun! Questions, suggestions, or interested in helping out on the Wellness Committee? Email email@example.com
Gabriel Chidester, Principal
Important Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, October 4- National Walk, Bike, and Roll to School Day
- Monday, October 9- Teacher Workday/No School
- Wednesday, October 11- Fall Individual Pictures
- Wednesday, October 18- Volunteer Training (new volunteers only)
- Friday, October 27- Book Character Day
- Tuesday, October 31- Entrepreneur Day
- Wednesday, November 1- Teacher Workday/No School
- Tuesday, November 7- Teacher Workday/No School
- Friday, November 10- Holiday/No School
- Wednesday, November 22 - Friday, November 24- Holiday/No School