Welcome rising kindergarten families! We are thrilled to have your future Conn cougar join our CONNmUNITY this fall.
As you begin preparing for the fall, please view our virtual kindergarten orientation by clicking here!
Click here to dowload the PDF version of our kindergarten orientation presentation.As you prepare to transition your rising kindergartner to join our CONNmUNITY, we want to be able to answer any questions you may have during this time. Please feel free to direct any questions to our Data Manager, Mrs. Pearl at email@example.com.
Please make sure that you register your student as soon as possible. The information on how to register is listed below!
The following enrollment process will allow families to enroll while school buildings are closed due to COVID-19.
You will start by completing the online enrollment form as outlined below, then await instructions from your child’s base school about how to complete the enrollment process.
Families who are not able to complete the online process should contact our data manager, Mrs. Pearl, firstname.lastname@example.org. A school representative will contact you by telephone to assist with completing the online enrollment process.
Step 1: Find your base school
In Wake County, students are assigned to a base elementary, middle, and high school for their home address. Find your base school using our address look-up tool. Your base school may have an enrollment cap. You will still register for your base school. Learn more about how an enrollment cap might affect you.
Step 2: Enroll online
Need technical support? Contact PowerSchool Registration support online or at 866-434-6276.
Step 3: Bring the enrollment materials to your base school
Once you’ve completed the form online, please wait for information from your child's base school regarding the completion of the enrollment process. To expedite your student’s enrollment, upload the following documents:
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate. (Need a birth certificate? Parents of children born in Wake County may now order certified birth certificates on the Wake County Register of Deeds website.)
- Proof of your Wake County address, which must be one of the following:
- Current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old,
- Newly signed lease that is no more than 60 days old,
- Settlement statement or
- Offer to Purchase agreement, in limited circumstances.
- A photo ID of the parent
- Your child's immunization record
- Any custody documents
Once schools re-open, you will be asked to submit hard copies of all required documents at your child’s school. Prior to schools re-opening, some parents may be required to bring documents in person, using safe distancing guidelines. Families will be contacted to schedule an appointment should this be necessary.
Step 4: Obtain and submit proof of immunizations and NC Health Assessment
State law requires every child entering public schools in North Carolina for the first time to receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed N.C. Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. N.C. Health Assessment Forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department.
State law requires these vaccinations before a student enters kindergarten and 7th grade.
New requirement: State law now requires all rising 12th graders to get a meningococcal vaccine booster before starting 12th grade. Parents will need to provide a copy of their child’s immunization record showing proof of the meningococcal vaccine before the first day of school in August 2020.
Required documents to enroll your child
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
- Proof of your Wake County address (current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name, newly signed lease, or offer to purchase agreement).
- Photo ID of parent or guardian
- Your child's immunization record (if available)
- Academic records from previous schools (if available)
- Any custody documents.