Ms. Chidester's Weekly Message: 09/08/23
Dear Conn Magnet Elementary School Families,
- Parents/Guardians must bring an ID to check students in and out of school.
- Families are encouraged to maintain a regular transportation method for morning and afternoon drop off in order to assist with an efficient dismissal process.
- It is very important to remember your family is only considered a Walker if you walk from your house to drop off or pick up your child. Families are not permitted to park and walk their child into school or park and pick up their child. These procedures would be for carpool.
- New Parent Walker passes must be shown at dismissal for pick up.
- Vehicles in carpool are required to use this year's carpool tag and number for pick up. If you need a new tag, please stop in our main office.
- Carpool ends at 4:10 p.m.
- Dismissal is finished for the day by 4:15 p.m. After that time, parents will need to park and go to the main office to check out their student.
Family Needs Assessment: Student Support Services would like to hear from our families who may be in need of essential services to support the health and well-being of our students. We are utilizing this information to plan for the school year and how to address the needs of our school community. Please click here to access the survey.
Plan to join us on September 21 at Brookside Bodega for our first Conn Community Night Out! Brookside Bodega is graciously donating 20% of all sales back to our school from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This is a great way to CONNect with fellow Conn families and fundraise for our school!
Also, make sure you have joined or re-joined the PTA! This is an easy way to advocate for your child and our students. Click here to shop and Join!
Gabriel Chidester, Principal
Important Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, September 12- 3rd Grade Beginning-of-Year Test
- Thursday, September 21- CONNmUNITY Event at Brookside Bodega
- Friday, September 22- PreK Family Partnership Day
- Monday, September 25- Teacher Workday/No School
- Wednesday, September 27- Volunteer Training at 4:30 p.m. (new volunteers only)
- Thursday, September 28- Curriculum Night/Open House at 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 9- Teacher Workday/No School
- Wednesday, October 11- Fall Individual Pictures
- Wednesday, October 18- Volunteer Training (new volunteers only)
- Friday, October 27- Book Character Day
- Tuesday, October 31- Entrepreneur Day