Ms. Chidester's Weekly Message: 09/01/23
Dear Conn Magnet Elementary School Families,
We had a great first week back at Conn Magnet Elementary! Our classrooms were filled with happy students and staff. We look forward to a wonderful year ahead!
Below are a few reminders to ensure a successful start to the school year.
- Families are encouraged to maintain a regular transportation method for morning and afternoon drop off in order to assist with an efficient dismissal process.
- It is very important to remember that your family is only considered a Walker if you walk from your house to drop off or pick up your child. Families are not permitted to park and walk their child into school or park and pick up their child. These procedures would be for carpool.
- New Parent Walker passes must be shown at dismissal for pick up.
- Vehicles in carpool are required to use this year's carpool tag and number for pick up. If you need a new tag, please stop in our main office.
- Carpool ends at 4:10 p.m.
- Dismissal is finished for the day by 4:15 p.m. After that time, parents will need to park and go to the main office to check out their student.
- Parents/Guardians must bring an ID to check students in and out of school.
Family Needs Assessment: Student Support Services would like to hear from our families who may be in need of essential services to support the health and well-being of our students. We are utilizing this information to plan for the school year and how to address the needs of our school community. Please click here to access the survey.
Welcome back! We anticipate another fantastic year of community events, fundraising, and supporting our students. Your membership matters! We invite all families to consider joining or re-joining our PTA today. Click here for more information.
Make sure to send us your first day of school and meet the teacher photos for inclusion in the yearbook! Although school has just begun, yearbooks are already on sale! This price won’t last- buy your yearbook through 10/2 for only $20.00!
Have a safe and restful holiday weekend!
Gabriel Chidester, Principal
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, September 4- Holiday/No School
- Tuesday, September 5- First Official Day of School for Kindergarten students
- Wednesday, September 6- Volunteer Training at 9:30 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. in the Media Center (new volunteers only)
- Tuesday, September 12- 3rd Grade Beginning-of-Year Test
- Thursday, September 21- CONNmUNITY Event at Brookside Bodega at 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 22- PreK Family Partnership Day
- Monday, September 25- Teacher Workday/No School
- Wednesday, September 27- Volunteer Training at 4:30 p.m. (new volunteers only)
- Thursday, September 28- Curriculum Night/Open House at 4:30 p.m.