Ms. Chidester's Weekly Message: 08/25/23
Dear Conn Magnet Elementary School Families,
We are set and ready to welcome our 1st - 5th grade students back on Monday! Are you ready to start the year? Please review the list below just to make sure.
- 2023-2024 Campus Guide
- 2023-24 Parent-Student Handbook (English)
- 2023-24 Parent-Student Handbook (Spanish)
- Bus Routes
- Parent and Community Volunteers Registration
Walkers: It is very important to remember your family is only considered a Walker if you walk from your house to drop off or pick up your child. Families are not permitted to park and walk their child into school or park and pick up their child. These procedures would be for carpool. Please adhere to these procedures so we can run a safe and orderly dismissal process.
Transportation: We encourage everyone to use the same mode of transportation on the first day of school that your child would normally use throughout the year. This will make sure your child and the school have a routine established. How a student arrives on campus in the morning is typically the same way they are sent home in the afternoon unless we are provided notice of a change by a parent/guardian in writing. Following these recommended procedures will assist us with a smooth dismissal process.
Kindergarten Families: Please remember your child will only attend one day next week for staggered entry.
- Last name is A-F: Monday, August 28
- Last name is G-N: Tuesday, August 29
- Last name is O-Z: Wednesday, August 30
We look forward to our Kindergarten Meet the Teacher Event from 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. on Friday September 1.
Focus Area Interest Form: We are excited to share an important opportunity for your students to shape their learning experience for the remainder of the school year. We have developed a Focus Area Interest Form that we kindly ask you to review together with your child. This form will play a crucial role in helping our specialist team understand where your child's interests lie and in determining the focus areas we will offer for the upcoming months.
Non-Returning Students: If your family continues to receive this message and you are not returning to Conn this year, please call the main office at 919-856-7637 so we can update our records.
Gabriel Chidester, Principal
Important Dates to Remember
- Saturday, August 26- PTA KinderCONN at Conn Magnet Elementary's playground from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 28- First Day of School & Kindergarten Staggered Entry begins
- Tuesday, August 29- Meet the Teacher for PreK from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, August 31- First Day of School for PreK
- Friday, September 1- Kindergarten Meet the Teacher from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 4- Holiday/No School
- Tuesday, September 5- First Official Day of School for Kindergarten students
- Monday, September 25- Teacher Workday/No School