Ms. Chidester's Weekly Message: 08/18/23
Dear Conn Magnet Elementary School Families,
We are so excited to welcome our students soon! Please be sure to read over the important information below so your family is ready to start the new school year! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office at 919-856-7637.
2023-2024 Campus Guide: As you prepare for the new school year, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the important information contained in our new 2023-2024 Campus Guide. The information found in this guide will assist all of us in making a smooth transition back to school and creates a seamless school year.
Parent and Community Volunteers Registration: All WCPSS parent and community volunteers are required to register through the MyVolunteer system.
- On the MyVolunteer site, you will find disclosure and authorization forms, the WCPSS Volunteer Agreement, as well as a summary of rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. You must review these documents and provide the requested information.
- Make sure you include your name and contact information when you begin the registration process. If you leave the CRC background site before completing your contact information, you will have to begin the process again.
- You must include your social security number to register to volunteer. If you do not have a social security number, please contact email@example.com or call 919-694-8233.
- You will be notified by the MyVolunteer system if you are approved to volunteer.
- Click here to start your volunteer registration.
WCPSS Student/Family Handbook: WCPSS has created this handbook to help you and your child understand the rules and expectations in school, on the way to and from school, and at school-sponsored activities. We encourage you to discuss those rules and this document with your child.
WCPSS has included an acknowledgement form in the WCPSS Student/Family Handbook. Please fill out the form and return it to school.
Bus Routes: Bus routes are subject to change based on actual student distribution and other factors. The information here will be updated regularly, but updates may take several days to be reflected online. This route information was last updated on Friday, August 18.
- Stop times: Parents can anticipate a stop time based on the route start time, estimating 3 minutes between stops for neighborhood routes and 10 minutes for express routes. The exact stop time will vary during the first weeks of school. Students should be ready and waiting for the bus at least 10 minutes before the bus is expected to arrive.
- Bus schedules: We urge parents to be patient as routes settle during the first few weeks of school. With students becoming familiar with this new routine, bus routes may take more time.
- Faded Stops: Stops in faded text are on the route, but do not pick up or drop off students attending this school.
- Questions? Contact Transportation
Conn Campus Clean-up: Tuesday, August 22 at 6:00 p.m.
- Hosted by Conn's PTA in partnership with The Great Raleigh Clean-up
- Meet by the carpool loop at Conn around 6:00 p.m. to help get our campus ready for the start of school
Two Roosters CONNmUNITY Event: Tuesday, August 22 ~ 7:15 p.m.
- Meet-up at Two Roosters for ice cream
- Say hello to friends and other Conn families while you enjoy a yummy treat
Gabriel Chidester, Principal
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, August 21 - Friday, August 25- Teacher Workdays
- Tuesday, August 22- Conn Campus Clean-up & Two Roosters CONNmUNITY event
- Wednesday, August 23- Meet the Teacher (grades 1-5) from 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 26- PTA KinderCONN at Conn Magnet Elementary's playground from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 28- First Day of School & Kindergarten Staggered Entry begins
- Tuesday, August 29- Meet the Teacher for PreK from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, August 31- First Day of School for PreK
- Friday, September 1- Kindergarten Meet the Teacher from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 4- Holiday
- Tuesday, September 5- First Day of School for Kindergarten students
- Monday, September 25- Teacher Workday