Ms. Chidester's Weekly Message: 09/02/22
Dear Conn Magnet Elementary School Families,
We had a great first week at Conn Magnet Elementary! Our classrooms were filled with happy students and staff getting to know one another. We look forward to a wonderful year ahead!
Below are a few reminders to ensure a successful start to the school year.
- Families are encouraged to maintain a regular morning and afternoon transportation method in order to assist with an efficient dismissal process.
- Families should refrain from parking and walking their child into school during morning arrival unless visiting the main office. Parking your vehicle and walking your child up to the front doors causes congestion in our parking lots as carpool and bus loops need an ongoing flow of traffic.
- 2022-2023 Parent Walker passes must be shown at dismissal for pick up.
- Vehicles in carpool are required to use this year's carpool tag and number for pick up. If you need a new tag, please stop in our main office.
- Carpool ends at 4:10 p.m.
- Dismissal is finished for the day by 4:15 p.m. After that time, parents will need to park and go to the main office to check their student out.
Afternoon Transportation: Our students are dismissed from various parts around the campus depending on their method of afternoon transportation. Therefore, please know it is imperative to inform your child(ren)'s teacher(s) and/or the office if you are making a change to your child(ren)'s afternoon transportation on any given day. By communicating these important changes, it will ensure your child(ren) is dismissed in a safe and secure method and our school has an efficient afternoon dismissal.
Family Needs Assessment: Student Support Services would like to hear from our families who may be in need of essential services to support the health and well-being of our students. We are utilizing this information to plan for the school year and to address the needs of our school community. Please click here to access the survey.
PTA Updates: Mark your calendar to join us for our first Community Night Out scheduled for September 22 from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at Brookside Bodega! Community Nights Out are fundraisers to bring Conn families together while supporting local businesses. Brookside Bodega will donate a portion of their sales from 4:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. directly to our school! Visit www.connpta.org for more details. We hope to see you there!
We look forward to partnering with you this upcoming school year! Make sure a PTA membership and Conn spirit wear are part of your back to school shopping! Memberships are only $10/person. Visit https://conn.memberhub.com/store to join and purchase Conn car magnets, tumblers, and t-shirts.
Have a safe and restful holiday weekend!
Gabriel Chidester, Principal
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, September 5- Holiday- No school
- Tuesday, September 6- First Day of School for Kindergarten students
- Thursday, September 22- PTA Community Night Out at Brookside Bodega from 4:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 26- Teacher Workday
- Thursday, September 29- General PTA Meeting/Curriculum Night/Open House 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 10- Teacher Workday
- Wednesday, October 12- Fall Picture Day