Be the Man
When: The first and third Thursday of each month, from 2:30-4:00pm starting 8/17/23
Where: Room 3313 (third floor)
Overview: For 14 years, Be the Man has uplifted and mentored the boys of Moore Square to transform them into honorable young men of integrity and purpose. Our goals have been to:
1. Teach them to be leaders and men of service to their community.
2. To respect others, especially women.
3. Most importantly, to respect themselves through their words and actions.
Some of those things that draw us together as we train are:
- Building camaraderie, being a part of something bigger than themselves, building a sense of belonging, etc.
- Cooking skills and healthy eating
- Physical training/exercise
- Teaching leadership skills
- The practice of dining etiquette
- Teaching appropriate and respectful interactions
- Hearing from motivational speakers
- Dress code particulars (deodorant, shaving, how to tie a tie)
- Community service (i.e. clean up Moore Square)
- Working with Business Alliance and other local businesses
How to attend: Just show up!
How to join: After two visits, any young man must decide if he wishes to join by completing the Be the Man application (both the student questionnaire and parent signature parts) before attending more meetings.