Be The Man
Be the Man is an organization called to uplift and mentor the boys we work with, and transform them from lost or aimless youths to an honorable team of young men with a mission. Our aims are to 1) Teach them to respect authority, 2) to respect others, especially females, and 3) and ultimately to respect themselves. Some of those things that draw us together as we train are
- Camaraderie, being a part of something bigger than themselves, belonging, etc.
- Physically train them and teach them leadership skills
- Practice dining manners
- Teach them how to interact with the fairer sex
- Hear from motivational speakers
- Community service (i.e. clean up Moore Square)
- Work with Business Alliance, giving them unusual opportunities
Be the Man meets every other Thursday in Mr. Anderson's room 2217 from 2:20-4:30pm. Started Aug. 3, 2017.