Be the Man
When: Every Thursday, from 2:30-4:00pm
Where: Room 2217
Advisors: Ross Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mike Wray (email@example.com), and Fred Savory (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Overview: Be the Man is an organization called to uplift and mentor the boys of Moore Square and transform them into honorable young men of integrity and purpose. Our mission for the past 13 years has been to:
1. Teach them to be leaders and men of service to their community.
2. To respect others, especially women.
3. Most importantly, to respect themselves.
Some of those things that draw us together as we train are:
- Building camaraderie, being a part of something bigger than themselves, building a sense of belonging, etc.
- Physical training/exercise
- Teaching leadership skills
- The practice of dining etiquette
- Teaching appropriate and respectful interaction with girls and women
- Hearing from motivational speakers
- Community service (i.e. clean up Moore Square)
- Working with Business Alliance and other local businesses
How to attend: Just show up!
How to join: After two visits, any young man must decide if he wishes to join by completing the Be the Man application (both parts) before attending more meetings.