Senior Class of 2021
Scholarship Reporting Form
Please click Here to report all of the Scholarships that have been offered to you.
State Employee Credit Union People Helping People Scholarship:
This is a $2,500 renewable ($10,000) scholarship that will be awarded to at least one WHS senior. To be eligible, you must be:
- A SECU member or are eligible for membership through a parent or guardian (this will be verified prior ro approval of recipients and you will be disqualified if they are unable to confirm that you or your parent are SECU members).
- Accepted and plan to attend one of the 16 constituent campuses of the UNC public college/university system.
- A US citizen and a NC resident.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 unweighted GPA.
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership, excellence of character, integrity, and community involvement.
Note that the application process has changed from past years --- SECU is now requiring submission of digital copies of applications, essays, and supporting materials.
Applications will only be available on the WHS Student Services Website and should be emailed with supporting materials to Ms. Ansbacher at email@example.com not later than 9am on Monday, February 22, 2021. A scholarship committee will the review the applications and select Two nominees to be forwarded to a WCPSS Committee. Becuase the announcement is a surprise, applicants need to submit all materials to Ms. Ansbacher as if they already won. Please review all instructions carefully and contact Ms. Ansbacher if you have any questions or need assistance scanning the materials.
Every 2021 Application must include the following:
- Application (completed and submitted as Word document)
- Scholarship Consent Form (signed by parents and submitted as a PDF - electronic signatures Not accepted)
- Acceptance Letter from a UNC System School (submitted as PDF or JPEG)
- Photo (should be a headshot and as a JPEG)
Complete applications must be emailed to Ms. Ansbacher (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 9am on Monday, February 22, 2021.
Goodnight Scholars Program NC State University
(Click Here for Information on How to Apply)
Virtual College Visit Signup
Click Here to signup
Senior are expected to complete the Survey prior to their scheduled Senior Conference with their counselor.
Senior Parent Information Session:
(The purpose of the session was to share information with parents and seniors to prepare them for the upcoming virtual senior conferences which will begin on Tuesday September 8, 2020)
Senior Conference Forms
(Seniors please review the Senior Conference Forms prior to your scheduled senior appointment.)
- Senior Planning Guide Class of 2021
- Senior Interview Checklist
- NC Admissions Deadlines and Open House Information
- NC Colleges Admission Statistics
- Senior Brag Sheet (Brag sheet is used by the counselor to write reference letters)
- RDS Top Ten Things (NC Residency Determination Service)
- Latin Honors Process
- Graduation Plan Worksheet
- Academic Check List
Creating a CFNC Account
- Financial Aid Video (Click Here to Access)
- Financial Aid Powerpoint (Click Here to Access)
- Financial Aid Information Guide (Click Here to Access)
- Financial Aid Night Document (Click Here to Access)
- Financial Aid Parent Night Recording (Click Here to Access)
Interested in meeting with the Financial Aid Counselor to talk about completing the FAFSA?
- Appointment will be held on Thursdays from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
- Call Ms. Torres, Student Services Secretary, at 919-562-3600, to schedule and appointment.
- Appointments will be held through Google Meet. The Google Meet Code: WHSFinAid
Transcript Request information:Transcripts have been uploaded to PowerSchool, so you can now use www.CFNC.org to request that transcripts be sent to four year and community colleges in North Carolina. Go to www.CFNC.org, click on "apply now," and then go to "Transcript Manager." You'll need to make sure your CFNC profile has accurate information including your student ID number.
To send transcripts to out-of-state colleges, to scholarship committees, etc., you should continue to use the Wake County Schools online request form that is found at: www.WCPSS.net/transcripts.
College Application Planning Sheet:Do you need assistance in keeping your college applications and all of the needed components organized? This planning sheet (click here) may help you!
Creating a resume is helpful in showcasing a student's skills, accomplishments, and activities to any organization such as employers, service agencies, and colleges/universities. Also, a resume can assist teachers, counselors, employers, and community leaders in writing a recommendation for college and/or scholarship applications when requested. Finally, creating a resume enables the student to become more aware of their level of involvement and to assess what areas need to be strengthened during high school in preparation for post HS pursuits. A resume enables the student to keep an ongoing record throughout high school.
Resume Writing Tips