Senior Class of 2019
Senior Gratitude Statements
Class Voting: Click here to vote for class Song, Quote and FlowerTickets:Each Senior will recieve 11 tickets at Graduation rehearsal as long as they have no outstanding fines to be paid.Senior Fee:The Senior fee this year is $50 and is paid to the school either online with a credit card (Fees may only be paid only until the end of the Fall Semester), or with cash/check to the front desk. This fee is NO longer collected through Jostens when you purchase your cap and gown. Senior Fees are due by January 18, 2019. After that, the fee will become a fine. Seniors run the risk of not being able to get tickets for graduation or walk at graduation if it is not paid. All Seniors must pay this fee.Senior Fee covers the cost of:
- For Senior Night:
- Each student will be able to submit a Gratitude Statement that will be printed in the Senior Night Program.
- Used to Thank anyone that you feel helped you get through High School:
- Ex: Parents, siblings, grandparents, teachers, friends, coaches, administrators, Etc…
- Please word these carefully and with respect. If not, yours will not be printed.
- Click here to submit a Gratitude Statement
- Diploma Cover
- Honors Tassels and Honors Cords ONLY
- The Graduation Ceremony
- All printed materials (tickets, programs, etc...)
- Senior Awards Night
- Senior Awards
- Senior Picnic
- Senior Gift
Any questions concerns about graduation need to be directed to the Graduation Coordinators: Robin Brown (email@example.com) or Emily Scales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cap & GownSeniors are only required to purchase the cap and gown package from Jostens. Additional merchandise can be purchased as well b expoloring graduation options on the Josten's website.Transcripts have been uploaded to PowerSchool, so you can now use www.CFNC.org to request that transcripts be sent to four year and community colleges in North Carolina. Go to www.CFNC.org, click on "apply now," and then go to "Transcript Manager." You'll need to make sure your CFNC profile has accurate information including your student ID number.
To send transcripts to out-of-state colleges, to scholarship committees, etc., you should continue to use the Wake County Schools online request form that is found at: www.WCPSS.net/transcripts.
College Application Planning Sheet:Do you need assistance in keeping your college applications and all of the needed components organized? This planning sheet (click here) may help you!
Creating a resume is helpful in showcasing a student's skills, accomplishments, and activities to any organization such as employers, service agencies, and colleges/universities. Also, a resume can assist teachers, counselors, employers, and community leaders in writing a recommendation for college and/or scholarship applications when requested. Finally, creating a resume enables the student to become more aware of their level of involvement and to assess what areas need to be strengthened during high school in preparation for post HS pursuits. A resume enables the student to keep an ongoing record throughout high school.
Resume Writing Tips
- For Senior Night:
Graduation Speaker Competition
- This year due to no longer having Val/Sals to speak at Graduation, WHS is creating a new tradition. We will be holding a contest to select the class speakers for Senior Night and Graduation.
- Speakers Needed:
- Senior Night: 3 speakers
- Graduation: 2 Speakers
- The best 5 speakers of the Class of 2019 will be chosen to speak.
- In order to apply to audition:
- Write a speech
- Ask 2 teachers to fill out recommendation form for you:
- One by a Senior Teacher
- One of your choice
- Submit recommendations in a sealed envelope to Ms. Schneider (Rm 3314)
- Click here to download the Recommendation Form
- Submit your application by Tuesday, April 9th by 2:30pm
- Click here to Apply
Public Speaking Ability
- Selected applicants must show evidence of demonstrated public speaking ability and present his or her address to the Graduation Speaker Selection Committee
- Student will be given three minutes to present a commencement speech based on a provided topic.
- Tuesday, April 30th from 2:30pm to 3:30pm in the Media Center
- Students will be notified if they are being asked to audition passed on their application
Please print and give to the teacher who you are asking to recommend you for this competition.
Senior fees have now become fines and must be paid in the Media Center!
Class of 2019 Remind
Class of 2019 Students:
Interested in receiving important announcements right to your cell phone? Text @whsclss19 to 81010