How to Enroll
Welcome to the Wake County Public School System! Here is how to enroll in our school district. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Assignment online or at 919-431-7333. En Español
Step 1: Find your base school
In Wake County, students are assigned to a base elementary, middle, and high school for their home address. Find your base school using our address look-up tool. Your base school may have an enrollment cap. You will still register for your base school. Learn more about how an enrollment cap might affect you.
Step 2: Complete the online enrollment application
Need technical support? Contact PowerSchool Registration support at 866-752-6850.
Step 3: Bring the enrollment materials to your base school
In order to finalize the registration process, school staff will review your submission and contact you with the next steps. Please wait for information from your child's base school regarding the completion of the enrollment process. The following documents need to be presented in person at the school in order to complete the registration process even if you have uploaded the document to the online registration:
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate. (Need a birth certificate? Parents of children born in Wake County may now order certified birth certificates on the Wake County Register of Deeds website.)
- Proof of your Wake County address, such as:
- Current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old,
- Newly signed lease that is no more than 60 days old,
- Settlement statement or
- Offer to Purchase agreement, in limited circumstances.
- A photo ID of the parent or legal custodian
- Your child's immunization record
- Any custody documents
Step 4: Obtain and submit a health assessment
State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed health assessment form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. Health assessment forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department. You have up to 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to present the required proof of immunization and health assessment. At the end of the 30 day period, any child without a health assessment will be prohibited from attending school until the assessment is submitted.