From Mr. Stapleton:
All juniors who have signed up for AP Language and Composition need to read Ta-Nehisi's Coates's Between the World and Me and complete this assignment over the summer. For any questions, email either Ms. Eckstein (firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Stapleton (email@example.com).
Students are encouraged (but not required) to purchase their own copies of the novels for English courses. Copies are available, but having personal copies will allow students to write & annotate in their own books. The novels can be found in bookstores like Barnes and Noble or online at Amazon.com.Mrs. Freed's students may also visit her class websites. See below:11th Grade: http://friendshipenglish11.weebly.com/10th Grade: http://friendshipenglish10.weebly.com/
English I Honors students are encouraged to purchase or borrow copies of the following texts:
- Of Mice and Men - by John Steinbeck
- A Raisin in the Sun - by Lorraine Hansberry
- Lord of the Flies - by William Golding
- Anthem - by Ayn Rand
All English I students will need the following supplies. Individual teachers may require additional supplies.
- 3-ring notebook (2”) with four dividers
- Loose-leaf paper
- Blue/black pens / #2 pencils
- Colored pencils or colored pens
- Student planner / calendar to record assignments
- Wish list: tissues, Clorox wipes, post-its, highlighters, notecards (3x5)