In-Person: RCES Device Distribution
All information about the student device program and the agreement forms can be found at this link.
RCES will begin Chromebook distribution to students on Monday, August 30, 2021, during our Specials time each school day. Students received Device Agreement Forms at ‘Meet the Teacher’ or sent home the first day of school. Completed agreement forms need to be turned into the student's teacher. The device will be delivered to the students during Specials time throughout the week. Please make sure your child has both his/her Chromebook AND the power cord daily. The exchange may not happen if the cord is not with the Chromebook.
It will take some time to get over 400 devices distributed so please be patient as we will work as quickly as we can to expedite this process. Please ask your student for the agreement form and have them bring it back to school to their teacher to ensure your student will get their device as quickly as possible. The agreement forms can be printed at home or your student can ask for a hard copy.
- Eligible students who do not have a device from WCPSS will be offered a Lenovo 300E. These are students who used a personal device last year, a Kindergartener, or a student who is new to Wake County.
- Students who have a Hewlett Packard Chromebook from WCPSS will exchange that Chromebook for a Lenovo 300E.
- Students who already have a Lenovo 300E from WCPSS will continue to use that device, and will not receive another device.
- If your student has a Lenovo 300E and is experiencing any problems with it, please bring the device to school. A help desk ticket will have to be entered so WCPSS Tech Services will try and fix the device. If the device is beyond repair a replacement will be sent to the school.
- If your student has a Lenovo 300E checked out to them that has been lost or stolen please call the help desk at 919-664-5700 to report the issue. Tech Services can determine current usage (if any) on the device and determine the steps to help the student/families.
- Students are strongly encouraged to accept the fully supported Student Device that is provided.
- All Wake County devices will work with district applications including testing.
- The new Lenovo 300 E devices will be distributed to the student with a single sticker on it with their name and a single sticker with their name on their charger.
- Students should not decorate or alter the device provided by WCPSS in any way.
- Parents have a right to refuse the device and provide one for their own student.
- Personal devices would need to come to school each day.
- Personal devices will not receive tech support from the district, nor is the county responsible for any incidents that might happen to the device at school (whether it is the fault of your student or another student.)
- There is no fee to participate in the Student Device Program.
- There is no fee for the first replacement device during each loan period.
- The district may issue a fine in certain cases when damage occurs.
- The district may issue a fine for failure to return a Student Device when required ie. leaving WCPSS, graduation, etc.
Student devices that are not functioning because of a defect in the device will be repaired or replaced as needed. Devices that are damaged or lost will be replaced once during the device loan period. Students who experience a second incident of damage or loss will be limited to in-school use of a device only. All families will be expected to sign an agreement at the beginning of the school year acknowledging this and other student expectations. Schools will provide a copy to students at the beginning of the school year.
VA: RCES Device Distribution
RCES will begin Chromebook distribution to our VA students on Friday, August 27, 2021. Families will need to pick-up the device from Reedy Creek on Friday, August 27, between the hours of 9:45 and 11:20 through Tuesday, August 31, between the hours of 9:45 and 11:20.
To pick up the device parents or guardians should park and find the table at the entrance of the school. The device will be checked out on the student’s account and a Device Agreement Form will be signed during pick-up.
Only students who do not have a wake county device will be eligible to pick up a new device. Students who have a Hewlett Packard (HP) Chromebook from WCPSS will be contacted to exchange that Chromebook for a Lenovo 300E at a different day and time.
If your student has a Lenovo 300E checked out to them that has been lost or stolen please call the help desk at 919-664-5700 to report the issue. Tech Services can determine current usage (if any) on the device and determine the steps to help the student/families.
Any questions about RCES/WCPSS Chromebooks should be directed to Ashleigh Faggard at email@example.com