Moore Square GT/AIG Basics Magnet Middle School is located in the heart of downtown Raleigh. Students participate in three elective classes daily that span a wide range of topics from Chinese to Orchestra to Modern Dance. Through daily electives, students explore topics of their interest and identify their unique gifts and talents. By the end of their middle school experience, students have not only gained confidence in themselves but have also received a robust and diverse learning experience creating a well-rounded student poised to succeed in high school.
Our teachers have been trained in teaching methods designed for gifted learners. Creating rigorous lessons that challenge each student at their optimal level of learning ensures high student engagement and schooling that keeps students excited. When you visit Moore Square, you will see students eager to get to class to participate in the next activity that has been designed to push their thinking.
We consider our middle school to be unique due to our small size and sense of community. With a student population of about 675, our school is truly a family. While here, you will immediately notice staff and students all greeting each other by name. When parents need to contact staff or administration, our small size enables immediate accessibility. As a smaller school, we are able to attend to the individual needs of each of our children. Our relationships with our students and their families allow us to do a higher quality of work.
We hope you will enjoy your virtual visit to Moore Square. It is our pleasure to host you and demonstrate for you the outstanding work being done in one of Wake County’s greatest schools. We are proud of our students and their work in both their core and elective classes. We are excited to share it with you!
Moore Square GT/AIG Basics Magnet Middle School partners with downtown community resources to provide a rigorous and innovative learning environment enabling students to discover and nurture their gifts and talents through extensive elective choices to prepare them to become productive citizens in a global society.
- Our small diverse population allowing students, parents, and staff to build personal and community relationships
- A variety of unique learning opportunities which allow students and teachers to amplify individual gifts and talents
- Student engagement through collaboration and exploration in the classroom and through interconnected, downtown partnerships
- A staff intrinsically motivated through vibrant and harmonious communication and dialogue
- Igniting passion in each stakeholder creating an environment where ownership and initiative impact and strengthen the vision of the school