Senior Class of 2021
NC State University Park Scholarship
(Applications are due to Ms Ansbacher no later than Monday, October 5, 2020 by 3:00 PM)
Goodnight Scholars Program NC State University
(Click Here for Information on How to Apply)
Virtual College Visit Signup
Click Here to signup
NC Countdown to College Application Fees for 2020
(This an opportunity for you to apply to participating NC Colleges/University for free)
Date: October 19 - October 30, 2020
Click Here for the list of Participating NC Colleges/Universities
As you prepare to apply to colleges and universities during NC Countdown to College, plan to attend one of these live help session hosted by admissions professional at CFNC. Each session will start with a short presentation of helpful tips and information for submitting a transcript and cpompleting online applications. You will then have an opportunity to get your questions answered via live chat.
Monday, 10/19/20 from 4:00 - 6:00 PM Register/Join
Wednesday, 10/21/20 from 4:00-6:00 PM Register/Join
Friday, 10/23/20 from 9:00-11:00 AM Register/Join
College Application Week Google Code to meet with a Counselor: WHSCollegewk
Counselors College Application Week Google Sessions
October 20th (10:45 AM - 11:45 AM)
October 22nd (10:45 AM - 11:45 AM)
October 26th (10:45 AM - 11:45 AM)
October 29th (10:45 AM - 11:45 AM)
October 30th (10:45 AM - 11:45 AM)
Senior are expected to complete the Survey prior to their scheduled Senior Conference with their counselor.
Senior Parent Information Session:
(The purpose of the session was to share information with parents and seniors to prepare them for the upcoming virtual senior conferences which will begin on Tuesday September 8, 2020)
Senior Conference: September 8th - September 25th
To schedule an appointment with your counselor please visit their appointment link below:
*Please do not enter the Google Meet if your counselor is still meeting with a another student*
- Mr. Walker, Last Names (A-El)
- Walker Appointment Link
- Meet Code: walkerseniorconference
- Ms. Harris, Last Names (Em-Lj)
- Harris Appointment Link
- Meet Code: Harrismeet
- Ms. Ansbacher, Last Names (Lj-Reh)
- Ansbacher Appointment Link
- Meet Code:a nsbacherseniorconference
- Ms. Holliday, Last Names (Rei-Z)
- Holliday Appointment Link
- Meet Code: holliday-sc2021
- Mr. Douglas, Mid-Year Grads
- Douglas Appointment Link
- Meet Code: douglasgooglemeet
Senior Conference Forms
(Seniors please review the Senior Conference Forms prior to your scheduled senior appointment.)
- Senior Planning Guide Class of 2021
- Senior Interview Checklist
- NC Admissions Deadlines and Open House Information
- NC Colleges Admission Statistics
- Senior Brag Sheet (Brag sheet is used by the counselor to write reference letters)
- RDS Top Ten Things (NC Residency Determination Service)
- Latin Honors Process
- Graduation Plan Worksheet
- Academic Check List
Creating a CFNC Account
- Financial Aid Video (Click Here to Access)
- Financial Aid Powerpoint (Click Here to Access)
- Financial Aid Information Guide (Click Here to Access)
- Financial Aid Night Document (Click Here to Access)
- Financial Aid Parent Night Recording (Click Here to Access)
Interested in meeting with the Financial Aid Counselor to talk about completing the FAFSA?
- Appointment will be held on Thursdays from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
- Call Ms. Torres, Student Services Secretary, at 919-562-3600, to schedule and appointment.
- Appointments will be held through Google Meet. The Google Meet Code: WHSFinAid
Transcript Request information:Transcripts have been uploaded to PowerSchool, so you can now use www.CFNC.org to request that transcripts be sent to four year and community colleges in North Carolina. Go to www.CFNC.org, click on "apply now," and then go to "Transcript Manager." You'll need to make sure your CFNC profile has accurate information including your student ID number.
To send transcripts to out-of-state colleges, to scholarship committees, etc., you should continue to use the Wake County Schools online request form that is found at: www.WCPSS.net/transcripts.
College Application Planning Sheet:Do you need assistance in keeping your college applications and all of the needed components organized? This planning sheet (click here) may help you!
Creating a resume is helpful in showcasing a student's skills, accomplishments, and activities to any organization such as employers, service agencies, and colleges/universities. Also, a resume can assist teachers, counselors, employers, and community leaders in writing a recommendation for college and/or scholarship applications when requested. Finally, creating a resume enables the student to become more aware of their level of involvement and to assess what areas need to be strengthened during high school in preparation for post HS pursuits. A resume enables the student to keep an ongoing record throughout high school.
Resume Writing Tips
- Mr. Walker, Last Names (A-El)