WTCC COLLEGE AND CAREER PROMISE PROGRMA (CCP)
Wake County Public School System is proud to partner with Wake Tech Community College in giving high school students the opportunity to take college classes for free while still enrolled in high school. For further information visit ccp.waketech.edu. Students are only alowed to receive high school credit for 1-2 classes a semester. They would take the place of 1-2 classes taken at WFHS, as students cannot take more than 4 classes. Students can sign up for additional WTCC classes but they will not be shown on their WFHS transcript.
Enrolling in CCP
**Due to the unforeseen circumstances WTCC has developed the Mandatory Info Session online.Students who currently have the capability will be able to complete the Mandatory Information Session HERE. In order for students to obtain the credit for attendance they must do the following:
- Watch the ENTIRE video
- Sign-In, and
- Complete the survey
Failure to do all three may result in not receiving the application materials.
Updates regarding the Application and EV Form process are coming soon very soon. **
1. Attend mandatory Information Session (this is the only way to obtain enrollment documents). Student must attend an info sessions no later than the semester prior to the semester the student wishes to enroll in.
- Register for an Information Session. Once a session is full, it will no longer appear on the site as a session for which to be registered.
- An information session is NOT a CCP New Student Orientation session.
- Anyone can attend any Information Session at any location. Regional Sessions are offered in the community for convenience.
- You must sign in at the session to record your attendance. If you attended a session previously and it has been more than a year since you attended, we recommend that you attend an information session to receive the most up-to-date program information so you are equipped to go through the process.
2. Return complete Enrollment Packet (checklist provided for guidance) by the deadline*
- Application (hard copy application is required)
- Eligibility Verification (EV) Form - This form is updated each academic year, so make sure you complete the most up-to-date form
- Copy of high school transcript (unofficial)
- Unofficial test scores (if applicable)
- YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR PACKET AND HAVE IT PROCESSED BEFORE YOU CAN TEST ON CAMPUS.
3. Receive confirmation of complete Enrollment Packet
- You will receive confirmation of your packet receipt once it is processed.
- If you need placement testing, you can test once confirmation is received.
- Incomplete or incorrect packet information will slow down your processing.
4. Wait for Enrollment Packet review
- Once your packet is processed, it must be reviewed by CCP staff to determine admission.
- You cannot be accepted unless all required information is provided, including any necessary test scores.
- Incomplete or incorrect packet information will slow down the review and delay your admissions decision.
5. Receive Official Acceptance Letter
- This will include information regarding registering for orientation.
- If you are admitted late in the enrollment cycle, you must attend a Registration Assistance/Open Lab session to be registered for classes.
- Incomplete or incorrect packet information will delay your admissions decision and the arrival of your admissions letter. If you apply late in the cycle, this will delay your admissions letter arrival.
- If you do not receive an admission letter by April summer enrollees or June for fall enrollees, please contact CCP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Attend CCP New Student Orientation
- Activate student key and email accounts
- Receive registration information and instructions
- Campus tours, student ID’s and parking decals
- Only new students to CCP attend orientation. Continuing students do not need to attend.
7. Return CCP Course Selection Form to be registered for classes
- This is the only means by which CCP students can register for classes.
- Make sure you have completed the eLearning Intro before attempting to register for an online class- eli.waketech.edu
- Search WebAdvisor as a Future Student for open sections within your pathway. Pay attention to prerequisites for classes.
- You can adjust your schedule after Course Selection Form submission by completing an Add Form to add classes. CCP students must drop themselves from classes they no longer wish to take.
- CCP students can only register for open classes within the pathway(s) to which they have been admitted.
- Be sure that your high school schedule aligns with the courses you select for registration. This means you should have an early release form, dual enrollment form, and print out of your WTCC portal listing what classes you are in turned into your counselor.
8. Check your student account to confirm your class schedule
- You will be given a date at orientation on which to do this step.
- If you do not see classes listed, please email CCP staff at email@example.com.
9. Attend Open-Lab Session and/or Email CCP for assistance or for schedule adjustments (Then give a copy of the courses you register for to your high school's student services so they can give you credit for the classes, and early release if needed.)
10. Obtain Student ID/parking decal
- If you did not do this at orientation or open lab, you can do so any time. You will need a picture ID and your car registration.
- You will need a student ID card even if you are an online student.
11. Purchase textbooks and/or required course materials
12. Attend class!
Wake Tech Dual Enrollment Information