Student Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
DDMS school hours for the 2016-17 school year are 8:15 am to 3:00 pm. Teacher are expected to report to work by 7:45 am. At 7:45 am, Adminsitration will begin unloading buses and begin the carpool line. To ensure the safety of students and drivers, it is extremely important for parents to follow the arrival and dismissal procedures correctly. Administration and Cary Police will address individual issues and parents accordingly.
- The Administration Team strongly encourages studetns to ride the bus to reduce traffic concerns.
- DDMS students will be the only riders on the bus
- Students can only ride the bus they are assigned to and are not permitted to have friends ride with them.
- In the afternoon, students will be dismissed from their 6th period classes at 3:00 pm. Buses will depart from school around 3:10 pm.
- Please contact Julie Resua, 6th Grade Assistant Pricipal, for bus questions and concerns.
- Julie Resua -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff will begin carpool at 7:45 am. Students are NOT to be dropped off earlier that 7:45 am.
- Parents are expected to take Davis Drive to the entrance of DDMS and then loop around the parking lot until reaching the sidewalk (see solid black lines in map below). Once the car is next to the sidewalk in the carpool loop, students MUST exit the car and follow the sidewalk to the building.
- If students don't exit their cars at the appropriate time, carpool will be delayed and cars will begin to back up onto Davis Drive. We can unload about 25 cars at one time when everyone follows procedures.
- Students are not allowed to be dropped off or picked-up at the side or back entrances of DDMS.
- The DDMS carpool is solely for DDMS students. Likewise, DDES carpool is solely for DDES students.
- Cars may not be left unattended in the carpool lanes from 7:15 am to 8:15 am and 2:45 pm to 3:45 pm. This causes DDMS carpool to back-up and not run efficiently.
- When exiting DDMS, parents are expected to turn right onto Davis Drive Road towards Park Village. This will allow carpool to continue without delays because of exiting.
- Students are not permitted on DDMS campus until 7:45 am. There is NO staff supervision for students until 7:45 am.
- When students arrive on campus, they are expected to report to their designated area in the school