What is Entrepreneurial Design?
"Entrepreneurship is about growth, creativity, and innovation. Innovative entrepreneurs come in all shapes and forms and their impact is not limited to start-ups -- they also innovate in the public, private, academic, and non-profit sectos. Entrepreneurship refers to an individual's ability to turn ideas into action and is therefore a key competence for all, helping young people be more creative and self-confident in whatever they undertake."
- World Economic Forum
We are driven to instill an Entrepreneurial mindset in all Conn students, through the following characteristics:
- creativity -- to see the world a little differently
- innovation -- be forward thinkers who can bring a unique idea to life
- perseverance -- "failing forward" to learn from mistakes
- risk takers -- "let's try it" when being an entrepreneur, you are often attempting something that can't or hasn't been done before
- communication -- not only to convey their ideas, but be able to share their solutions
- collaboration -- working together toward a common goal
- curiosity -- asking what if?
- driven -- taking the initiative
- confident -- believing in themselves
- positivity -- approaching each situation as an opportunity
- lifelong learner -- learn from mistakes, learn from others, but just keep learning new things
This program is not geared to generate entrepreneurs, but rather to equip students with all they need to be successful regardless of which path they choose for their future. They may start a business, they may be a job creator, but if they have an entrepreneurial mindset they will certainly go far!
We strive to partner with those in our community and beyond to broaden their horizons and help our students to see all the opportunities that are awaiting them!