Return to Headlines
Principal's Mid-Summer Message, 7-21-23
Greetings LRMS Families,
I hope each of you is having a safe a relaxing summer. Here are a few mid-summer updates as we excitedly anticipate the start of the 2023-24 school year:
- If you are receiving this email and your child will not be attending Leesville Middle this fall, please contact our data manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wake County Schools sent families a notice about viewing EOG score reports in the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Please note that the Portal has been enabled for this purpose, but any visible information related to student schedules or team assignments for 2023-24 has not been finalized. Please hold off on contacting the front office or our counselors about student schedules until mid-August. (If you have questions or need to register for the Parent Portal, here are the details.)
- Have you registered for bus service? Visit here if your student will need a bus and was not already a bus rider in Wake County Schools. Also be sure to sign up for Here Comes the Bus. Specific routes and bus schedules are usually communicated through the transportation office the week before school starts. Similarly, if you are registered for the bus but do not intend to use it, please decline transportation here. This step is helpful as the District tries to ensure each route has a driver to start the school year. Thanks!
- Here are a few Save-the-Dates for the fall:
- LIONS Camp - all rising sixth graders are invited to LIONS Camp from 8:30-11:30am on Thursday, August 24. Parents may walk upstairs to the sixth grade wing to meet the team teachers briefly at arrival. Then, parents will be invited to an informational meeting with the PTSA and School Leadership. Students will get to know their teachers, their school and one another prior to being picked up in carpool at 11:30. There is a link on this flyer to RSVP.
- 7th/8th Grade Walk-the-Schedule - our older two grade levels will be able to drop by and meet their teachers between 1:30-3:30pm on Thursday, August 24. There is no formal program for this event, but inquiries for our office staff, PTSA and LMAC will be available.
- First day of school - August 28
- Fall Sports Tryouts - September 5 (7th/8th grades only); don't forget an updated registration and physical is required. Some team workouts will begin before the school year starts. Stay up-to-date with the LRMS Athletics Site.
- LRMS Open House - Thursday evening, September 21That's it for now. A more in-depth introduction to the 2023-24 school year will be sent in a few weeks. We can't wait to see our LRMS Lions back on-campus very soon!Best regards,Chris Cox, Principal