• Enrolling a New Student

    Welcome to Holly Springs High School, Home of the Golden Hawks! We are excited to have you as a new member of our school family. We want to be sure to make this process as simple as possible for you and your child. Listed below are the steps for registering at Holly Springs.  Please take particular note of documentation that you will need in order to register your student.
    Please feel free to contact our Registrar, Ms. Mattox at cmattox@wcpss.net or (919) 577-1444 ext. 23456 for information on enrollment or if you have any questions or concerns. Office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.  We look forward to meeting both you and your child!   

    Steps for Enrolling

    1. Download and complete the enrollment packet for incoming students, grades 6-12

    2. Gather these materials:
    •  Proof of Residency in the form of one of the following:  
      • A current utility bill within the last 60 days (water, gas, or electric only
      • A newly signed valid lease agreement (cannot be a month-to-month lease) that is signed by both the tenant and the landlord
      • A signed purchase agreement with closing date within 45 days of enrollment signed by both purchaser and seller (cannot be an offer to purchase).
    • A photo ID of the parent or guardian
    • Certified Copy of your child's birth certificate
    • Your child's immunization records
    • Report card (Rising 9th grade only) or transcript for all other grades
    • Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan if applicable
    • Any custody documents
          3.  Contact Ms. Mattox at (919) 577-1444 ext.23456 or cmattox@wcpss.net to schedule an appointment to turn in your documents and meet with your student's counselor
    If you are enrolling from another school system outside of Wake County, a completed Discipline Status Enrollment form is required by NC General Statute Section 115C-366(a3).  This form must be notarized and is included in the enrollment packet.
    If you are enrolling from another state, outside of North Carolina, a completed North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form must be completed due to a new state law, House Bill 13 that now requires every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time, to receive a health assessment.  This assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school and the medical provider, parent, or guardian must provide a completed health assessment transmittal form to the school within 30 calendar days of the child's first day of attendance.

    If the student is coming from a home school, you must bring your Home School License from NCDPI along with a transcript of courses, credits and grades on home school letterhead signed by the teacher.
      If the parent and/or court appointed guardians are living with friends or relatives, please pick up or download an Affidavit of Residence form which must be completed prior to registering.
      If you are a student from another country living with friends or relatives, you must contact the Office of Student Assignment (919) 431-7400 in order to be enrolled at any Wake County school.  
      If your student is interested in participating in any athletics, visit http://www.wcpss.net/Page/7177 to view eligibility requirements and required forms. 
      Important note on "Offer to purchase" agreements
      • may be used by existing Wake County residents as proof of address;
      • may be used by non-Wake County residents only to pre-enroll for the next school year prior to June 30, if the purchase closing date is on or before June 30;
      • may not be used as proof of residence to enroll or pre-enroll at a capped school.