Any parent or community member who wishes to volunteer at Holly Springs High School (or any WCPSS school) must follow WCPSS policies and procedures. Potential volunteers should contact Ms. Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the front office to obtain volunteer information.
All volunteers must be cleared through Wake County’s volunteer registration. If you plan to participate in an activity that:
- May require direct contact with students on or off campus with no or limited supervision
- May require access to confidential information
- Potentially involves solitary time with students
- May take place outside the view of school staff for brief or extended periods
- May involve driving students in a personal vehicle
- May take place with supervision or in a public setting
- May involve little or no student contact and no solitary time with students
Examples: overnight field trips, tutoring inside or outside the classroom, extended out-of-school activities, off-campus mentoring, field trip chaperone, dance chaperone, club sponsor, health room assistant, volunteer coach, clerical work for teacher, telephone volunteer, media center volunteer, beautification volunteer, classroom assistant, field day volunteer, test proctor, front office helper, room parent
How to register:
You must register on the campus of any Wake County Public School System School. The registration is located on the school’s intranet. If you plan to register at Holly Springs High School, you use the computer located in the main office.
The volunteer system will be open daily and is now available all year on all days.
Do NOT have to go through the volunteer registration IF they will be presenting in a classroom setting (they will not be working with small groups independently from teacher). There is a guest speaker prior approval form that must be completed and approved by Mr. Burleson.
Sign In at Front Office:
Just a reminder that even approved volunteers must sign in at the front office when they are on campus.