Volunteer at Holly Springs High School
Any parent or community member who wishes to volunteer at Holly Springs High School (or any WCPSS school) must follow WCPSS policies and procedures.
All volunteers must be cleared through Wake County’s volunteer registration. If you plan to participate in an activity that:
- May require direct contact with students on or off campus with no or limited supervision
- May require access to confidential information
- Potentially involves solitary time with students
- May take place outside the view of school staff for brief or extended periods
- May involve driving students in a personal vehicle
- May take place with supervision or in a public setting
- May involve little or no student contact and no solitary time with students
Examples: overnight field trips, tutoring inside or outside the classroom, extended out-of-school activities, off-campus mentoring, field trip chaperone, dance chaperone, club sponsor, health room assistant, volunteer coach, clerical work for teacher, telephone volunteer, media center volunteer, beautification volunteer, classroom assistant, field day volunteer, test proctor, front office helper, room parent
How to register:
All WCPSS parent and community volunteers are required to register through the MyVolunteer system.
- On the MyVolunteer site, you will find disclosure and authorization forms, the WCPSS Volunteer Agreement, as well as a summary of rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. You must review these documents and provide the requested information.
- Make sure you include your name and contact information when you begin the registration process. If you leave the CRC background site before completing your contact information, you will have to begin the process again.
- You must include your social security number to register to volunteer. If you do not have a social security number, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-694-8233.
- You will be notified by the MyVolunteer system if you are approved to volunteer.
Volunteer Registration Link
Click the link below to start your volunteer registration:
Guest Speakers:Do NOT have to go through the volunteer registration IF they will be presenting in a classroom setting (they will not be working with small groups independently from teacher). There is a guest speaker prior approval form that must be completed and approved by Ms. Bowden.Sign In at Front Office:Just a reminder that even approved volunteers must sign in at the front office WITH A PHOTO ID when they are on campus.