- A member must have and maintain a 3.75 weighted grade point average overall.
- All members must be enrolled in a science course. A member must be enrolled in at least one first year honors level science class prior to the eleventh grade. First year honors science courses include: Honors Earth and Environmental Science, Honors Biology, Honors Astronomy, and/or Honors Marine Ecology. A member must be enrolled in one second year honors level science class prior to twelfth grade. Second year honors science courses include: Honors Chemistry, Honors Physics, Honors Anatomy and Physiology, and/or Honors Forensic Science. A member must be enrolled in at least one upper level science class during the twelfth grade year. Upper level science courses include all AP level science courses.
- A member must maintain a 4.0 weighted cumulative grade point average across each science course.
- All members must attend one local chapter lecture session annually. Lectures will be presented by chapter officers or community members. All lectures presented by chapter officers must be approved by the chapter’s advisor before being presented.
- All members will sign an agreement stating they understand and will abide by all national and local by laws and the WCPSS Student Code of Conduct to maintain membership in SNHS. The member’s parent/guardian will also sign the agreement to ensure all parties are aware of the requirements for membership and that failure to follow requirements will be grounds for dismissal from SNHS, including all honors previously bestowed.
- All members are required to attend monthly after-school meetings from 2:30-3:30pm in the AFHS Media Center. Members will be made aware of all monthly meeting dates at the first meeting of the school year in August.
Please see the Local and National Bylaws below for full membership information.