Mission and Vision
As a member of the Wake County Public School System, Wake Young Women’s Leadership Academy will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators, and critical thinkers.
Wake Young Women’s Leadership Academy will inspire a community of college-ready, career-focused young women who are ready to learn, lead, and serve.
Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
- Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed, while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
- The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
We commit to our school’s mission, vision, and core beliefs for every Wake Young Women’s Leadership Academy student. We believe that every student can learn and achieve. As a staff, we will honor the following commitments:
- We will challenge and engage students in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning.
- We will hold high expectations for all students and will support learning, growth, and success for all, regardless of socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- We will maintain a well-supported and highly effective staff that will work collaboratively to ensure the success of all students.
- We will foster a learning environment focused on student achievement, promoting best practices, and supporting continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation.
- We will respect our diverse school community and provide an environment that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
- We will collaborate with our families, businesses, and community partners to provide the support and resources needed to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
We are educators of outstanding women leaders.
We commit to our school’s mission and vision for every Wake Young Women’s Leadership Academy student.
We support, enrich, and empower young women to become learners and leaders in local and global environments.
We prepare young women for life-long learning through rigorous instruction.
We celebrate diversity and foster an environment of respect for all.
We collaborate with our students, parents, community members, and each other to create a successful school.
With pride and dignity, we are Wake Young Women’s Leadership Academy.