Frequently Asked Questions
- When may I use my device? While students are afforded the opportunity to use their own devices at their discretion outside of the classroom, Teachers determine when and if devices are going to be utilized in class from day to day. Teachers utilize standard signage across the building to help communicate the expectations for students each day.
- Do I need to pay for any special applications or programs for my device? WCPSS will be providing Google accounts with Google Apps for Education for all students. Most other tools will be web-based and should not cost anything.
- What if my device is damaged or stolen? Because BYOD is not a requirement, you are responsible for your own device. Neither Millbrook High School nor WCPSS is responsible for damaged, lost or stolen devices. Your parents may want to insure your device, and if you are purchasing a new device, you may want to purchase the extended warranty.
- Why can't I use my 3G/4G network during school? The wireless network provided by Millbrook High School and WCPSS has security and filters that make internet access safer and streamlined for learning needs.
- What if I don't have a device to bring to school? No one will be penalized for not bring a device! In 2017 WCPSS rolled out an ambitious goal of putting enough devices into schools for a 3 to 1 student to device ratio. Nearly every classroom has access to these laptops every day.