Welcome to Millbrook Magnet High School an International Baccalaureate School
What is an IB Education?
IB programmes encourage both personal development and academic achievement, challenging students to think critically, to ask the right questions and think across disciplines. An IB education also fosters diversity, curiosity and a healthy appetite for learning. An IB education crosses disciplinary, cultural, national and geographical boundaries and champions critical engagement, stimulating ideas and meaningful relationships.
The International Baccalaureate at Millbrook High SchoolMillbrook has two unique IB programmes, the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). These programs complement one another to give students a unique educational environment that will allow them to develop academically, socially, and emotionally. Our Programs:
- A whole-school programme for all 9th and 10th graders
- Encourages a positive attitude towards learning
- Supports the development of communication and other academic skills
- Emphasizes the development of the whole student
- Allows students to demonstrate acquired knowledge through the Personal Project
Contact Person: MYP Coordinator-LaShonda Haddock- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academically challenging and balanced programme of education in grades 11 and 12
- Open- access with no specific academic requirements
- Requires students to engage in community activity and research as an extension of their classroom experience.
- Has gained recognition and respect from the world's leading universities.
Contact Person: DP Coordinator- Loren Baron- email@example.com