CDM is designed so that students may earn high school credit for specified courses without spending a set number of hours taking the course in a classroom. Under the state’s Credit by Demonstrated Mastery (CDM) option, uniquely qualified students may “test out” or bypass a course if they have already mastered the content. The program provides another opportunity for students to learn new content, to challenge themselves with the next level of rigor in a subject, and even graduate early. This option is not designed to replace existing accelerated pathways, such as the Academically and Intellectually Gifted (AIG) program at WCPSS. Students who apply for CDM, and their parent(s), will be required to attend an Academic Counseling session before Phase 1 testing. Sessions will be scheduled after the application period is over.
- First Day of Application Submission: November 15, 2021 (no applications will be accepted before this date)
- Application Deadline (must be submitted at your child's school): December 17, 2021, by 3:00 pm
- Phase I Testing Window: February 2021 - March 2021
- Phase 1 testing, by state mandate, must take place in a face-to-face environment. NO exceptions.
- Results will be available on March 21
- Phase 2 Testing Window – testing will occur before April 22
- Notifications of Final Decisions - May 2022
More information and materials:
Please review all resources, charts, and FAQs on the WCPSS site before submitting questions or the application.
*Please pay close attention to deadlines. No late or early applications will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted in the Ligon main office or by EMAIL. For all hand-delivered applications, please make sure the application is in a sealed envelope with CDM and Full Student Name and ID Number written on the outside of the envelope. You may also scan and send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure the scanned copy is clear, all signatures are complete, and the form is dated.
Email any questions to: email@example.com
Ligon CDM Contact: Telea Munn, firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease visit Credit by Demonstrated Mastery for more information on this program.